F1 Thread!!! | Page 69 | GTAMotorcycle.com

F1 Thread!!!

I love Verstappen, I really do, love his killer instinct. you don't see that much in F1 anymore.

still think he has to mature a bit more as a driver, he will get there.

If he was more calm, calculating and collected, he could have done that pass properly. and I notice when he's "defeated", all the wind is taken out of his sails, like he kind of gives up and all his energy eats him up instead of focusing and getting on track again. seen this a few times.

Pretty cut and dried. if you need to go off the track to complete a pass then you broke the rules.

..Tom

People are complaining because everyone was off track in that area throughout the race but it was discussed in the driver meeting. You can go off track there but it's not to be used for overtaking.

The new Japanese driver made it into the points bucket on debut.

..The last 10 laps, fight between Hamilton and Max was nice to watch. Max infact overtook Hamilton but had to give away the position as the overtake was done illegally..
The incredible thing about that was Verstappen giving the position back almost immediately, and thus receiving no penalties for it.

Hopefully the season remains competitive at least between Mercedes and Redbull.

unfortunately the midfield runners are still away and chances of a win or podium will remain low especially with Perez in the Redbull.

Bottas again looks underwhelming and with the Redbull strong will be sacrificed often in the strategy to beat Redbull.
He has had 4 seasons to demonstrate he can be a leader but always falls short and must accept he is not a team leader.

Looking forward to the new cars in 2022 and hopefully a change to see more than 1 or 2 teams competing for wins.

Hamilton was finally tested and hopefully we see more of this this season.

Good to see Ferrari back in the midfield after serving their penalty last season.

I love Verstappen, I really do, love his killer instinct. you don't see that much in F1 anymore.

still think he has to mature a bit more as a driver, he will get there.

If he was more calm, calculating and collected, he could have done that pass properly. and I notice when he's "defeated", all the wind is taken out of his sails, like he kind of gives up and all his energy eats him up instead of focusing and getting on track again. seen this a few times.
The only other driver I have seen who delivers under pressure (apart from Ham) is Daniel Ric. Absolutely love that guy. He fools around when it doesn't matter but when it comes down to business he delivers as he's expected. Max is a great driver as well and he'll be a world champion someday!

Four wheels off. Seems clear to me.

Lap time cancelled if you went outside the boundary in 4 in qualifying, then the first half of the race it was ok to gain an advantage doing it to stay ahead of someone, then the stewards warned the teams to stop doing it ( but didn’t enforce the decision on subsequent breaches).

Clear? As mud, yeah.

As a lifelong F1 fan it kills me to say this, but the races have gotten boring and predictable in recent years. It's the Lewis Hamilton show.
2020: Hamilton on pole 10 times winning 11 of the 17 GPs.
2019: Hamilton wins 11 of the 21 GPs.
2018: Hamilton on pole 11 times, winning 11 of 21 GPs.
2017: Hamilton wins 11 of the 20 GPs.

Here's my prediction for the 2021 season:
Hamilton will win at least 10 of the 23 GPs with Bottas and Verstappen winning the remaining 13 races.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

As a lifelong F1 fan it kills me to say this, but the races have gotten boring and predictable in recent years. It's the Lewis Hamilton show.

Hamilton will win at least 10 of the 23 GPs with Bottas and Verstappen winning the remaining 13 races.

Did you watch the last race, the first of 2021?

Didn't seem too boring to me.

..Tom

Sent from my SGH-M919V using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

nothing new, we've seen this with Senna, Schumacher and Vettel era to one degree or another.

I was never a fan of Hamilton, he's a little too whiney on the radio, but the man has immense talent and can handle pressure like few can. Definitely deserves his title as one of the greatest F1 has ever seen.

Todays drivers, with the exception perhaps of Verstappen and Vettel, are a bunch of whiney schoolboys with low testosterone.

I just miss the scrappy, ruthless fighting guys like Senna, Schumacher (and maybe alonso) and their stop at nothing attitude, even if they have to get a bit dirty. THOSE were the glory days of F1.

I've enjoyed the F1 behind the scenes series on Netflix enough to watch race highlights but I can't sit through a full race. Agreed as above that Hamilton deserves the praise but it really comes off as a whiney self-entitled prick. Most others just seem like fragile kids. As a kid many many years ago I would watch the Indy/F1 full races and they just seemed more intense/involving back then.

As a kid many many years ago I would watch the Indy/F1 full races and they just seemed more intense/involving back then.

Oh man,. Even the old CART races were triple a amazing.

Montoya,. vasser,. Tracy,. Franchitti all great to watch!

Current Indy is sanitized and dull

Back
Top Bottom