Explosion in Beirut (at the port?) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Explosion in Beirut (at the port?)

There are a few explosions clips on YouTube. One was a rocket fuel plant in IIRC Nevada. Grain silos can make a big bang as well.

This I think tops them all. How big was the Halifax explosion?

This I think tops them all. How big was the Halifax explosion?
~3000 tons of TNT so three times the size with more primitive buildings bearing the brunt of it.

1920px-Mont_Blanc_Anchor_Site_1.JPG

The circular lake is the blast crater and was solid land with buildings 24 hours ago.

In all probability the citizens would have been safer if the gov't did not seize the shipment as whoever wanted it initially would likely not have stored it in one place in the centre of the city for an extended period of time. I wonder how many other forgotten gov't storage facilities exist around the world? Lots of stories like the feds abandoned PPE supply. Gov't doesn't circle back to see what is in the space they are paying for and whether it is cost-effective (or even dangerous) to continue. They just lock the door and ignore it.

Last edited:
I saw some pictures of the inside of a church that was a couple of miles away.

The big doors on the front were blown in, a couple of pews were crushed, all the windows smashed, some ceilings had fallen.
sDmeRMAl.jpg
cwsuGEbl.jpg
1pSWLy2l.jpg
AtPBAFYl.jpg
r7tTDO8l.jpg

Last edited:
~3000 tons of TNT so three times the size with more primitive buildings bearing the brunt of it.

1920px-Mont_Blanc_Anchor_Site_1.JPG

Also on the water so there was a reflection off of the harbour floor that amplified the explosion. They studied it during the Manhattan Project, one reason the two bombs exploded in the air not on the ground. Sad bit of trivia.

Also on the water so there was a reflection off of the harbour floor that amplified the explosion. They studied it during the Manhattan Project, one reason the two bombs exploded in the air not on the ground. Sad bit of trivia.
Called the 'Mock Stem Effect' iirc.

Is it enough to topple a culture of corruption? On top of all of the other badness that Lebanon was facing, the president admits he knew about the supply earlier this year.

Is it enough to topple a culture of corruption? On top of all of the other badness that Lebanon was facing, the president admits he knew about the supply earlier this year.

Well, it was apparently enough to topple the government. Whether that alters the underlying corruption is still to be determined. Entire cabinet and PM resigned today.

Uggh... More mess in the middle east, perfect.

Back
Top Bottom