Expired M1 can one still ride? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Expired M1 can one still ride?

Hello everyone,

First post here so go easy on me please. So my dad has an expired m1 from last summer (September I think), would he still be allowed to considering its impossible to renew/become licensed now with covid am I wrong? Also its only a yamaha zuma 50cc basically a moped. Any advice appreciated, thanks.

If it expired prior to the covid mess I would look for an official reference and print it off for your pocket.

If it expired now, I would say have fun amd ride safe.

Can you renew something like that online?
it's amazing the crap you can do online :|

I just went on the Drive Test website and their website directs people to the Service Ontario website...the SO website gives a list of products that have been extended, but they all have to have expired on or after March 1...so, even if your dad got his M1 in September, it was only valid for 90 days, which means it would've expired in November...so my guess based on this is no, he cannot ride...however, try giving both places a call and confirm with someone there....drive test number Toll-free: 1-888-570-6110 or service ontario number 1-800-267-8097

They really should introduce a scooter license category, it's almost a completely different beast, it's much like driving a farm tractor in high speed traffic, or a personal mobility device the rest of the time.

Scooter driver test:
Hi I would like to ride a scooter!
Ok, ride it into that ditch over there and let's see if you know how to tuck and roll. :LOL: just kidding scooters are perfectly safe.

Simple answer, is NO. His M1 expired well before 01 March 2020, therefore it does NOT qualify for a "COVID-19 extension."

Personally, with the traffic volumes being so low, I wouldn't be inclined to test, anything sketchy right now. Currently, officers have a LOT more time to take a double look. They may be thinking there is someone who got an Ebike, (many officers won't know the difference between an Ebike and a scooter), because their licence is suspended for DUI, let's check it out.

The charge would be drive without valid licence, very likely dad will need to call for a ride as the scooter leaves via a tow, (cop becomes liable if he/she lets you ride away without a licence).

They really should introduce a scooter license category, it's almost a completely different beast, it's much like driving a farm tractor in high speed traffic, or a personal mobility device the rest of the time.

Scooter driver test:
Hi I would like to ride a scooter!
Ok, ride it into that ditch over there and let's see if you know how to tuck and roll. just kidding scooters are perfectly safe.
They do have a scooter license.

M-L is limited speed motorcycle license.

Maximum 50cc, 70kph.

Pretty sure testing is the same, but if you get an m2L on a 50cc scooter, you can't ride anything bigger.

It used to be a licensing work-around to get the L, then immediately book testing on a regular sized motorcycle to avoid the waiting periods between M2 and M. This was a few years ago when the L designstion got introduced. They might gave closed that particular loophole.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

So my dad has an expired m1 from last summer (September I think)

As others have said, since it expired (long) before the extensions went into place, it does not fall under the allowances for such.

Going to have to wait for the DriveTest centres to open again to get a fresh one, and since it requires a physical test I can't see how they would allow this to become a "do it at home" thing since it just opens the doors to rampant cheating on the knowledge testing.

They do have a scooter license category.
It's amazing the crap you can find online :|

They really should introduce a scooter license category

They really should introduce a truck licence category for them 18 wheelers.

I believe the word you’re looking for is “boat”.
You’re welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now you made me have to go look :/
"Pleasure Craft Operator Card
Nope, the word boat appears on it nowhere, they call them Pleasure Craft to be exact.

Now you made me have to go look :/
"Pleasure Craft Operator Card
Nope, the word boat appears on it nowhere, they call them Pleasure Craft to be exact.
Sounds like something that would get you arrested if you operated it in public.

Like the personal water vehicle license?

Have you spent any time on the water in the last 5 years?

It’s extremely evident a lot of people cheated on their licence and genuinely gave no freakin clue what they’re doing.

It makes my case perfectly.

Have you spent any time on the water in the last 5 years?

It’s extremely evident a lot of people cheated on their licence and genuinely gave no freakin clue what they’re doing.

It makes my case perfectly.
yes.

My brother in law went the wrong side of the red marker and ripped the bottom out of a speed boat, he took his test at the same time I did, but lol come to think of it I did beat his score, guess the license training really doesn't buy you much if you don't know which direction port is.

Red, right, return or something like that. I got mine a long time ago.

Back
Top Bottom