everything MAC | GTAMotorcycle.com

everything MAC

Poser

If you don't have one, treat yourself.

what additional applications did you install?
and other random tweaks to enjoy the use of your Mac computer.

i will share my experience also.

Apps for your Mac (most free)

1: VLC media player
2: Adium
3: 1 Password
4: Dropbox
5: Skype
6: Air media server
7: Virtual DJ HOME/Pro
8: Bodega (like app store)
9: Airparrot
10: Alfred
11: Air Mouse Server
12: Airplayer
13: Caffeine
14: DiVx Player
15: Dockspaces
16: Bettertouchtool
17: iDisplay
18: Yahoo Messenger
19: Growl
20: alarm clock
21: expod
22: flv crunch
23: google earth
24: handbrake
25: iphone explorer
26: picasa
27: tube tv
28: airfoil
29: vuze
30: boom
31: diskaid
32: djay
33: google chrome
34: itubex
35: littlesnitch
36: mediamaster server
37: mountain tweaks
38: ps3 media server
39: ringer
40: screenflow
41: smart recorder
42: switch
43: toast 10 titanium
44: transmit
45: twitter
46: XBMC
47: you control tunes

Safari extensions/plug-ins

1: hoverzoom
2: ClickToFlash
3: ResizeMe
4: YoutubeWide
5: clicktoplugin
6: mediacenter
7: turn off the lights
8:
9:
10:

freeware mac apps

http://download.cnet.com/mac/3150-20_4-0.html?filter=licenseName=Free&tag=rb_content;contentNav

Last edited:
For my use I only have the bare necessities. Microsoft Office 2011, Autocad 2011, Adobe CS4, Google Sketchup, iLife and Firefox (I hate safari!).

18: Yahoo Messenger

I also use Picasa to format and post pictures to the Google site of the same name, TweetDeck, NeoOffice, Gimp

I got:

aperture
photoshop cs2 and cs4
final cut pro
macro media bundle
microsoft office
Divx and VLC
Firefox...because I hate safari.
and hotspot shield...to change ip address to a US number for those tv shows in the states.

externals

2.1 system
lacie 1tb HD
Wacom Tablet

Last edited:
can i ask why people hate Safari?

i gave firefox a couple tries, back in the day, nothing enticed me about it, so i continued to use Internet Explorer(as a windows user).

now i am using Safari, everything is smooth about using it, especially that Click to plugin i mentioned,...if you visit a website with flash, it only activates flash, when you click on the flash area(greyed out)... since flash seems to be a problem.

to really like Safari, you have to set your preferences, and customize your toolbar, and add extensions to enjoy what this browser provides.

please enlighten me on what i am missing, by not using firefox.

update: looks like Chrome is preferred over Firefox??

Last edited:
im really hoping to buy the apple extreme as soon as possible, with all the features it provides,
1, share an external hard drive on your network, just plug in via USB.
2, also a printer
3, setup a guest user wifi access, with separate password.

just check it out if you didnt know already.

http://www.apple.com/ca/airportextreme/

edit: extreme purchased, love it (5 GHz).

Last edited:
can i ask why people hate safari?

i gave firefox a couple tries, back in the day, nothing enticed me about it, so i continued to use Internet Explorer.

now im on safari, everything is smoothe about using it, especially that Click to Flash plugin i mentioned,...if you visit a website with flash, it only activates flash, when you click on the flash area. since flash seems to be a problem.

to really like safari, you have to set your preferences, and customize toolbar, to enjoy what this browser provides.

please enlighten me on what im missing by not using firefox.

If you check your Activity monitor Safari is usually the biggest memory hog...yeah flash is the issue...but I really dont care what keeps causing the issues...I just want the damned thing to work properly every time and at every site. Firefox has come along way and so has Opera and Camino.

Vuze is my go to torrent app.

Dudes, Chrome is it. Firefox is so 2009.

I hate the new verision of Azureus so i never updated it cant be bothered with all the download ads on the new version of vuze. i just use torrentz.com.

Transmission is a great small footprint torrent app.

I hate the new verision of Azureus so i never updated it cant be bothered with all the download ads on the new version of vuze. i just use torrentz.com.

Yeah I am not a fan of Vuze lately after its latest update...its gotten way to bloated.

carry on....

if i could've deleted the post, i would.

info is outdated, and don't wanna waste your time of reading it.

Last edited:
Add a weather forecast event to iCal

Have you ever wanted a handy, always-there weather forecast, ready for viewing at the launch of an app (be that app on your iPhone or your Mac)? Thanks to Weather Underground, and Mac OS X Hints tipster allanBook, you can now easily add an automatically-updating weather forecast to iCal.

Load the Weather Underground site in your browser of choice, enter a city name or zip code in the Search box, then click Go. For instance, if you entered Auckland, New Zealand, you’d get this page of weather info. Near the top right of the page you’ll see an “Add to My Favorites” link, along with icons labeled ICAL and RSS.

You can simply click on the ICAL link to add this particular weather forecast to iCal. However, if you do it this way, the calendar won’t automatically update as time goes by. Instead, Control-click on the ICAL icon and select Copy Link (if you’re using Safari; in Firefox, this is labeled Copy Link Location) from the pop-up menu.

Switch to iCal and select Calendar -> Subscribe, then press Command-V to paste the link you just copied and click Subscribe. A new dialog will appear onscreen, as seen at left. Edit the Name field—Auckland, perhaps—and a Description if you wish. Click the Auto-refresh button and set the pop-up menu to Every Week, then click OK. (Feel free to use a shorter interval if you think the forecast will change more often.)

Congratulations, you now have an auto-updating weather forecast for Auckland, New Zealand (or whatever location you chose) in iCal. For more info on any day’s forecast, just double-click the entry. In the Info window, you’ll see a URL for the full forecast (for US locations, at least), along with a more-complete description of the selected day’s weather.

Every week, this calendar will update with the next weekly forecast. If you want the weather forecast to appear on your iPhone, you can (as of iPhone OS 3.0) do that, too. You can’t sync subscribed calendars via MobileMe, but you can do so in iTunes. Connect your iPhone, select it in the sidebar, and click on the Info tab. In the Calendars section, click on the newly-created subscription to sync the calendar to your iPhone.

While a one-line-view of the weather in iCal probably won’t completely meet your needs for weather info, it does give a nice “at a glance” view at the upcoming weather.

For my use I only have the bare necessities. Microsoft Office 2011, Autocad 2011, Adobe CS4, Google Sketchup, iLife and Firefox (I hate safari!).
Questions: do you have to use bootcamp with Autocad, or can you just run it from OSX running the windows program? & how's the performance? And do you think Revit MEP would be fine with it?

Sorry for all the questions... my dad wants to get a macbook, but every site that I google has a pretty evenly-split opinion on running AutoCAD and/or Revit MEP.
-----------
Oh, & I use VLC, Vuze, aMSN (normal msn for mac is horrible), Microsoft Office 2008 (which is pretty slow...but I couldn't make the switch to iLife), Virtual DJ, & Serato

Oh, & I use VLC, Vuze, aMSN (normal msn for mac is horrible), Microsoft Office 2008 (which is pretty slow...but I couldn't make the switch to iLife), Virtual DJ, & Serato

Adium covers more than 1 service signed in, plus the interface is attractive, massively customizable and smoothe , with growl notifications too.
to add your facebook chat though follow instructions provided, its simple don't worry.

How to Set Up Facebook Chat on XMPP/Jabber Client

Some well-known including Jabber client is like Pidgin, iChat, Adium, and more. Setting up Facebook Chat on Jabber Client aka XMPP Client will make you able to use Facebook Chat from it.

How to set up?

1. First step that you can do is to start your instant message program and locate the menu where you can add a new account (usually in preferences or settings).
2. Create a new account by entering the following info:
Protocol: XMPP or Jabber(use jabber, not facebook, but you will enter facebook info)
Username: your facebook username
Domain: chat.facebook.com
Jabber ID: facebookusername@chat.facebook.com
Password: your Facebook password
3. Enter the following server info, as requested:
Port: 5222
Server: chat.facebook.com
Use SSL/TLS: no
Allow Plaintext Authentication: no
4. Done.

Back
Top Bottom