eletrical problem HELP! | GTAMotorcycle.com

eletrical problem HELP!

zalfear

hi names mike im new to this fourm and new to rideing ive been riding for just over a year im on disability so cant afford nothing special but my father picked me up a 150cc chinease scooter. after tuning the carb adjusting the valves and putting a new cdi box preformance coil and filter bike was running great went from 85k an hour to 110k an hour. but 2 weeks ago it just stoped had zero power but i was able to start it with the remote start it had but no signals and no gadges fuel speed ect
i took off the fareing to have a look and the last guy who owned before me man i dont know what the hell he done so many spliced and bridged wires so many colors and i dont know dick about eletrical. i called a couple of cycle shops and thay told me it wasent worth fixing since most likely the bike would have to be re wired but i like the damn thing i know it will be fine if the wires were fixed just wondering if annyone knows were i can get a detailed wireing diagram for a motercycle there not that diffrent from a scooter well i think. or does annyone live close or in scarborough thats knows about wires and can help or fix it of course i can pay just not the damn 75$ and hour the cycle shop quoted me

zalfear@hotmail.com

its a2008 daymak siagon 150cc and its only got 1 fuse that comes off battery to the postive wire and fuse is fine i know its a peice of crap to most people but its all i have

Check the electrical ground wire if it has come loose. Check the fuses.
Or
Try rewiring it yourself. Get a soldering gun, electrical tape, 18 gauge insulated copper wire, wire stripper, and watch a couple YouTube video's. Just follow the existing wiring and stagger your splices so they are not directly beside each other to prevent the possibility of shorts.
Remember when soldering to heat the work ( exposed wires) rather then the actual solder. This will leave you a cleaner and more organized look under you electrical tape

I would first assume that given the info so far, it is one of those taped connections has failed. I would be very careful when you start. First, undo the negative terminal of your battery, then take close up detailed digital pictures. (use macro setting on camera)This will help in case, as you work, more than one poorly connected wire comes loose and then not know for sure where each goes. The different coloured wires they used makes this necessary. Next, I would just systematically start somewhere and literally unwind the tape and confirm a good connection and retape it with new tape. Once you find a connection that looks suspect, consider yourself lucky. I would still continue to check and retape all of them however. Then go for a ride and see if you have had success. It was ok before so maybe that in lieu of the multicolours, they might have all been correctly hooked up, just not done well. If it runs great, then go back and do the solder thing.

90% of all electrical problems is usually a weak connection. I use to troubleshoot welders. Part of the process was to make sure all connections were tight and the connectors seated firmly. If connections are spliced and taped, get a soldering iron and dab some solder on the spliced wires, and heat shrink or tape them up. Go through all connection points to eliminate this possibility. Still no luck, disconnect the battery, get a meter and set it to ohms and do a continuity check from one point to another.

+1 on the tips given so far.. By the way, Princess Auto is where you wanna pick up all of your supplies, including the iron, solder and heatshrink tubing. Not for professional work, but it'll get the job done with a minimum amount of spending.

+1 on the tips given so far.. By the way, Princess Auto is where you wanna pick up all of your supplies, including the iron, solder and heatshrink tubing. Not for professional work, but it'll get the job done with a minimum amount of spending.

Yup, but what does it get anyone here who invests time and effort to try to "HELP!" these guys...not just this one but also the guy after with similar problem and countless friggin' hundreds before them..they come on here and ask for help..get great advice and then never frig hear from them again. No thanks, no sweet **** all. And more times than not they have logged in since so it's not like they bit the big one..

Why bother helping??? is what I say..This TECH forum has to be thee MOST thankless, unappreciated forum there is. If someone helps me, I go to great lengths to thank the person and show/prove my appreciation..frig world full of people who waltz around with a sense of entitlement..they need to get a grip. Step up already! At least thank someone who helped you!

Why bother helping??? is what I say..This TECH forum has to be thee MOST thankless, unappreciated forum there is.
If you're helping someone out in the hopes of getting something in return, something even as simple as a "Thanks You" then yes you are correct.....it can be thankless. Then there are those who just want to help one of our brothers or sisters on two wheels and expect absolutely nothing in return but they do gain a good dose of karma.

If you're helping someone out in the hopes of getting something in return, something even as simple as a "Thanks You" then yes you are correct.....it can be thankless. Then there are those who just want to help one of our brothers or sisters on two wheels and expect absolutely nothing in return but they do gain a good dose of karma.

I hear you, but I think that anyone who uses this forum with the expectation of success, should simply ask themselves how successful would their plea be, if no one responded? I know for a fact that quick answers have helped some riders save themselves hundreds of dollars, and even more than that for some, saved their planned annual ride vacation...something that in many cases money can't buy unless you throw thousands at it on a replacement ride in the spur of the moment. On holiday weekends were answers helped get a rider sorted out, when even if you had more money than God himself, you still wouldn't find a shop open.
Perhaps no one knows the answer in the early hours of the morning, except for ONE lone person who is able to help out...that one timely answer could save a rider from destroying his engine or electrical system or any number of other things. That one answer might make the difference of whether the rider can get going and be at work on time or not. If we all just said screw it, tough luck buddy..maybe then they would realize the importance of the forum. IMO, those are situations which make this forum nothing less than invaluable, and should not be taken for granted. No excuses. But it is maybe just one man's opinion. Maybe next time I'll see no one else has the answer and maybe I know it, but recognize the username and say screw it..let 'em wait..for every action, there is reaction.

As for the karma thing, if you believe, then even expected/anticipated good karma is an expectation of appreciation. There's no real gettin' around it.

But hey, you know what? I think I am a little sensitive to this because of some things going on in my life right now. Being taken for granted, used and abused..life ain't fair, and that's what i had forgotten lately.

Back
Top Bottom