Elephant in the Covid room | Page 92 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Elephant in the Covid room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yelling and stomping does work. I do it everyday.

:oops:
You also ensure contracts have deadlines more than every quarter. If I owed product to two people and one had penalties for missing weekly targets and the other one sent me a sad face at the end of the quarter, who would get my product?

Yelling and stomping does work. I do it everyday.

:oops:

In certain circumstances, sure. In the case of "We need more allocation than country B" (jumps up and down, huffs loudly, stomps feet), probably not so much. ;)

I asked the nurse who gave me my shot if they are able to mix doses and was told no, But her knowledge of the vaccine might be no more then to just jab it in some ones arm

That'd be a default answer at that point in time, sure. And the jury is still very much out on whether it'll happen eventually, but if the science comes to show that it's not only safe, but a viable option, and/or even has benefits, well, sign me up to be jabbed with PF for my second shot versus the Moderna I got for my first one.

You also ensure contracts have deadlines more than every quarter.

To be fair, we were not the only country that was shorted on allocation through all this. I think the allocation numbers were based on everything going perfectly. In some cases...it did not. When production facilities couldn't ramp up as fast as expected and some batches failed quality control or whatever, well, **** happens.

It's not like it's a parts factory stamping out parts for GM where a GM bigwig can simply take the contract away from them with the swipe of a pen and assign it to some other new company instead and be receiving parts from company B inside the next 10 days - vaccine production is pretty limited on a global scale and it's not like there was one iota of unused capacity anywhere else in the world.

In certain circumstances, sure. In the case of "We need more allocation than country B" (jumps up and down, huffs loudly, stomps feet), probably not so much. ;)

That'd be a default answer at that point in time, sure. And the jury is still very much out on whether it'll happen eventually, but if the science comes to show that it's not only safe, but a viable option, and/or even has benefits, well, sign me up to be jabbed with PF for my second shot versus the Moderna I got for my first one.
Look like they will be mixing doses. I've heard that different doses provide different benifits and mixing them could be a good thing.

Well that's not good. Seychelles here we come. When will chief dumb dumb finally take border quarantine seriously? Frig. My five year old has a better grasp of infection control than JT does.

"A new study involving tens of thousands of participants in Qatar found a single dose of the Pfizer-BioNech coronavirus vaccine was only 30 per cent effective at preventing infection by the B.1.1.7 variant now pervasive in Ontario, and only 55 per cent effective at preventing hospitalization or death."

"For the B.1.351 variant first discovered in South Africa, the study saw even poorer results from one dose.

The study found one dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine was only 17 per cent effective in preventing infection by B.1.351.

It was found to be zero per cent effective in preventing hospitalization or death due to B.1.351.

The B.1.351 variant is only sporadically detected in Ontario, with only 246 examples detected in the past month."

This came up during today's Ontario press briefing. It appears that the Qatar study did not account for the time since vaccination. Ontario's own data from our own vaccinations has been that the effectiveness after two weeks from the first dose has been about 70% against symptomatic infection and about 90% against serious disease (hospital/death). This was from today's press conference on CTV News Channel, I don't have a link to it.

If Qatar was following manufacturer's recommendations for timing between doses (I don't know if they were), their one-dose study would have been mostly covering the two weeks where the vaccine hasn't kicked in and the next week or two where it's only partially effective ...

This would explain the substantial discrepancy between that, and the UK's (and our) real-world experience with a delayed-second-dose strategy.

This came up during today's Ontario press briefing. It appears that the Qatar study did not account for the time since vaccination. Ontario's own data from our own vaccinations has been that the effectiveness after two weeks from the first dose has been about 70% against symptomatic infection and about 90% against serious disease (hospital/death). This was from today's press conference on CTV News Channel, I don't have a link to it.

If Qatar was following manufacturer's recommendations for timing between doses (I don't know if they were), their one-dose study would have been mostly covering the two weeks where the vaccine hasn't kicked in and the next week or two where it's only partially effective ...

This would explain the substantial discrepancy between that, and the UK's (and our) real-world experience with a delayed-second-dose strategy.
Good to know. I like that they looked at efficacy vs specific variants as opposed to lumping all in the same pile. I dislike studies that dont divide data around a line at shot plus two weeks. If efficacy sucks at shot plus two weeks, we are in trouble, if efficacy sucks before that, no big deal as we already knew that.

EVERY country was "holding their suppliers feet to the fire". When there's only so much to go around...yelling and stomping your feet isn't going to accomplish much - the suppliers are still going to divvy it up, not just give all of it to one country or the other because someone is on the line yelling louder than the next person on line 2....or line 22.

explain how all these countries got so far ahead of Canada? (We didn’t even make the chart, we are at 3%), particularly since we started the hoarding thing with our 400million dose purchase

A bumbling federal govt distracted with worrying about getting friends and future voters a taste of newly printed money. While Rome burned.
AC7D867F-8FBF-4F2B-A2EC-A4A28CC91D97.png
The USA escaped that with domestic supply capacity. That's the only reason.
Pretty sure the Americans had a pretty big role in developing the vaccine and ramping production around the world. Stands to reason they have the best access - don’t they have that for everything all the time?

explain how all these countries got so far ahead of Canada? (We didn’t even make the chart, we are at 3%), particularly since we started the hoarding thing with our 400million dose purchase

A bumbling federal govt distracted with worrying about getting friends and future voters a taste of newly printed money. While Rome burned.
View attachment 48591

Pretty sure the Americans had a pretty big role in developing the vaccine and ramping production around the world. Stands to reason they have the best access - don’t they have that for everything all the time?
Canada...the India of the west.

View attachment 48591

Feds screwed up no doubt but more than 3% of canada has at least one dose. Not sure what is going on with the graph you pulled.

Feds screwed up no doubt but more than 3% of canada has at least one dose. Not sure what is going on with the graph you pulled.
64AB0F33-1893-466C-95AD-D60AC232AB33.jpeg

Ok, so if the chart was plotting what was said in the title (at least one dose), why would that be comparable to fully vaccinated? 35.6% would put us in the top 10. I think we should have been higher but we obviously aren't.
Charts are based on "fake news"....

Can we do better, of course, real data shows that! Using fake, misleading, or incompetent data weakens this argument.

The chart has two lines, 1 shot and fully vaccinated. The fully vaccinated is tough to see it’s so small.

The main points are:

1) the countries shown in the first graph are at high percentages of fully vaccinatedbecause the were succefull in procuring doses.

2) We are forced to defer 2nd doses in order to get a handle on this wave. If those top 10 countries took our approach they would be done with first doses and triple us on second.

Our team ****-the-bed. The results are not meeting expectations, Kinda like losing to Mexico in a World Jr hockey tournament.

here’s the graph again without the tip box obscuring the 3% line.
B47D41D5-0FDC-4781-9EC6-74E59C08818D.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom