Earbuds that stay in your ears | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Earbuds that stay in your ears

I skimmed through replies and haven't seen any mention Monster Archive 100 earbuds. I highly recommend them.
They are cheap and very good quality. I have them just for under my helmet. The only pair that ever suited me.
They are noise cancelling as well.
The first time my wife called me while I was wearing them I answered by loudly saying, "I'm on the bike. You won't be able to hear me." She replied, "I can hear you just fine. Why are you shouting?" lol
I lost the charger at one time, and waited a few days for it to turn up. When it didn't, I ordered the same pair because they work great and I'd have spare buds if I lose one. Weird thing is that it turned up on a table about a week and a half later with no explanation of how. Now I have two sets.
Half price right now:
Full face helmet? If the mic is in the bud I'd be surprised if it worked for conversations in a FF. Are they paired with a intercom unit (how do you pick up calls while riding since the button is on the unit itself)?

How’s the seal on those with the wind?
Fine for me ... I recommended the EarPeace set when I had those but after using the Loop Quiets for some time I decided to try the EarPeace again and went back to the Loops at the next chance. Just be sure to get the Quiet ones if you go ahead.

Fine for me ... I recommended the EarPeace set when I had those but after using the Loop Quiets for some time I decided to try the EarPeace again and went back to the Loops at the next chance. Just be sure to get the Quiet ones if you go ahead.

Nothing beats custom earplugs. The best $200 I’ve spent on a motorcycle related stuff.

Nothing beats custom earplugs. The best $200 I’ve spent on a motorcycle related stuff.
Never done it but makes sense if you're willing to coin up although ironically enough you end up spending almost as much once you try out a bunch of brands to see what works best.

Who'd you use btw?

Who'd you use btw?
Just the nearest hearing place - I think they all just take a mold and send somewhere else.

The case with the earplugs says “Emsee Laboratories of Canada Inc.”, so I guess that’s the place they were made.

Last edited:
Reactions: LBV
Full face helmet? If the mic is in the bud I'd be surprised if it worked for conversations in a FF. Are they paired with a intercom unit (how do you pick up calls while riding since the button is on the unit itself)?
Yes, in a full face helmet. As I implied, I was very surprised. I have my phone mounted on a RAM XL. I soaked the tip of the finger of my leather glove in graphite lube, inside and out, so it will work with a touch screen.

Etymotics are pretty long. Not sure how well they would work in a helmet. IIRC someone has used them though (maybe shanekingsley or lightcycle iirc).
I guess they can do the custom ear tips for the ear buds of your choice.

I soaked the tip of the finger of my leather glove in graphite lube, inside and out, so it will work with a touch screen.
That's a thing??

My Huawei has "glove mode" anyway but you can try adjusting the screen sensitivity in your phones settings.

That's a thing??

My Huawei has "glove mode" anyway but you can try adjusting the screen sensitivity in your phones settings.
Yes, it's a thing. Graphite is a dry lube so it's not messy after 24 hrs of drying. It doesn't work as well on leather because it doesn't soak through as well, but after 3 applications it worked, but not well.
I'll look into my settings, but I've never heard of anything like that on a Galaxy.

It helped. Yesterday my touch wasn't working at all, and since it has been about a year since I graph'd it, I figure it's time to do it again. After changing this setting on my phone, it worked occasionally. I think after a fresh soak, it'll work perfect.
There is always this method.

I've got some of that type of thread and have used it for gloves where the tips are a bit loose ... works ok but not as ideal as your naked finger obviously.

@Evoex I got the Liberate 2.0 yesterday. Gave them a quick test ride and they worked very well. Im going to try one of the other foam tips, but they stayed in at high speed which was nice. The quality is not the best, pretty tinny compared to the Galaxy Buds Pro obviously but thinking maybe one of the different tips may be better. All in all exactly what I was looking for, so thank you!

A bit off topic, but does anyone have reviews on the Apple Airpod Pro's? Not for motorcycling, my wife wants them for workouts and jogging and she has the whole Apple ecosystem so she wants these. Any good alternative's to them also?

@Evoex I got the Liberate 2.0 yesterday. Gave them a quick test ride and they worked very well. Im going to try one of the other foam tips, but they stayed in at high speed which was nice. The quality is not the best, pretty tinny compared to the Galaxy Buds Pro obviously but thinking maybe one of the different tips may be better. All in all exactly what I was looking for, so thank you!
Glad they seem to be working out, with the foam I was happy until my latest purchase. Flanged is a must for me now, but they do stay in.

Back
Top Bottom