E Bike Brakes | GTAMotorcycle.com

E Bike Brakes

ReSTored

SIL has EMMO E-Mini B bike with cable activated brakes not working too well. Haven't seen the bike yet but he'll be bringing it over sometime this week.

Looking online for brake service manual but all I find is generic check the rotor, the pads, the cable etc,..... nothing I don't already know. Can anyone point me to a source where these types of brakes and service issues are discussed in detail? Maybe some bicycles use the same brakes?

SIL has EMMO E-Mini B bike with cable activated brakes not working too well. Haven't seen the bike yet but he'll be bringing it over sometime this week.

Looking online for brake service manual but all I find is generic check the rotor, the pads, the cable etc,..... nothing I don't already know. Can anyone point me to a source where these types of brakes and service issues are discussed in detail? Maybe some bicycles use the same brakes?
Disc brakes? What do you mean by not working well? Describe what happens (eg, lever to bar, pull hard and little braking, pulsing, etc).

Edit:

I've never touched an ebike. I have cable actuated discs on my mtb and have zero issue or complaints (although they are a level far above what emmo would put on bikes).

Last edited:
Nothing earth shattering to know. Mechanical drum brakes or disc brakes (think MTB) or hydraulic disc there shouldn't be any big surprises.

Back
Top Bottom