Ducati V4 Multistrada | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ducati V4 Multistrada

bigpoppa

In addition to their newer v4, It will have radar guided cruise control :eek:

" Ducati have announced that they have commenced production of their new Multistrada V4 - the first motorbike to feature front and rear radar. The front radar works with a new adaptive cruise control system, automatically accelerating and braking to maintain a distance to the vehicle in front. "

Last edited:
Not sure I would want that out of warranty......
Or in warranty. Depending on the brake authority it is allowed to use. If you aren't paying enough attention to see vehicles slowing ahead, if it throws out the anchor, it will not be good for the rider. I think I would prefer if it was (or is) designed to only control throttle and have zero control over brakes.

What kind of motorcycle rider would actually want that :unsure: it sounds like a solution in search of a problem.
It's not the worst idea on a mile-muncher. If you have a long slab run, click it on for ticket protection and to let you move around a bit.

Perfect for the motorcyclist that finds themselves constantly running up the a** of the car in front of them.
... must be one out there somewhere :LOL:

As long as it switchable (Surely, it would be) it would be a good tech to have. The last thing I want is leaning into a corner, and that radar detects an oncoming vehicle as a threat and attempts something unthinkable :D
I had a subaru do that. The most dangerous car tech I have ever seen. I was in the fast lane heading into a left hand turn in the mountains. A slow tractor-trailer was in the right lane. The car thought there was going to be a collision and threw out the anchor. ABS stop from highway cruising speed. It ignored the gas pedal. I had to manually switch off cruise to speed up again. F*&^*&^(*&^*&^. If someone had been behind me a) I would have been roadkill and b) I would probably be found at fault and catch a charge for driving like an unpredictable dbag. It was shocking that more companies than Tesla were deploying such dangerous garbage into the wild and letting people beta test with their lives.

Was considering the streetfighter as well, but I really wanted a V twin, and based on everything I had read, the superduke would be more my style anyway

Plus, apex didnt have any streetfighters in stock, the superduke just caught my eye at the right moment

Wonder if the v2 multi's will be on deals

probably not, there is a big enough following of v2 folks that just wont up the ante for a v4 and all the extra associated maintainence

I love radar cruise on cars, not sure how much I would want it on my bike. Saying that, the electronic cruise on my Tenere is awesome.

One thing that I definitely wouldn't be against is if the implemented some sort of deer detector, way too many close calls with the buggers.

One thing that I definitely wouldn't be against is if the implemented some sort of deer detector, way too many close calls with the buggers.
Equipped with a shotgun to drop them on the shoulder?

Didn't cadillac have an IR camera projected on the windshield at one point? That type of system could be an amazing improvement. There is a limit to headlight brightness and range to accomodate oncoming traffic, but most of the things we might hit (especially those that weren't there for the vehicle before) have a heat signature that can be picked up from very far away. To be cost effective, I don't need the system to show me it is a deer, I am happy with a heat bloom overlaid (so I can have fewer sensors and therefore less cost) and if it's moving towards or on the road, I know that it requires my attention.

sad to see the loss of the single sided swingarm, but a v4 is still on my wish list, could be a future XR swap.

note the 15k oil change intervals and 60,000km!!!! valve check intervals. whoa!

sad to see the loss of the single sided swingarm, but a v4 is still on my wish list, could be a future XR swap.

note the 15k oil change intervals and 60,000km!!!! valve check intervals. whoa!

I know they not doing the desmo valves on these, are the belts still going to be a thing?

I know they not doing the desmo valves on these, are the belts still going to be a thing?
still watching, haven't seen it come up. Just saw the weight is 474lbs! That's 26lbs lighter then the XR!

edit: oh it's dry weight, those sneaky devils!

Nope no belts this is a german engine. Seems like a step to far for me should have kept the swingarm and trellis. Time may have marched past the desmo. Seem like the first VW committee designed Ducati.

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom