Ducati Service | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ducati Service

That’s a little beyond my skill / comfort level…
It’s easier than it sounds. If you come out next Wednesday, bring your meter and someone should be able to do it for you.

That said, based on my experience with newer Ducati’s, I wouldn’t expect there to be zero draw even if completely stock. I plugged my Hyperstrada to my smart charger if it was going to be parked for more than a week, especially in the spring and fall.

It’s easier than it sounds. If you come out next Wednesday, bring your meter and someone should be able to do it for you.

That said, based on my experience with newer Ducati’s, I wouldn’t expect there to be zero draw even if completely stock. I plugged my Hyperstrada to my smart charger if it was going to be parked for more than a week, especially in the spring and fall.
Thanks. I guess I'll have to connect the connection point for the trickle charger instead so I don't need to pull the seat off, and then that wonderful cover over the battery which prevents any access to the (-) terminal.

Thanks. I guess I'll have to connect the connection point for the trickle charger instead so I don't need to pull the seat off, and then that wonderful cover over the battery which prevents any access to the (-) terminal.

According to this post, the Scrambler 800 should have a standard SAE charging port already installed under the seat (but you need the seat removed to access it):

If you want to be able to plug in a charger without removing your seat, then you'd need to add your own.

According to this post, the Scrambler 800 should have a standard SAE charging port already installed under the seat (but you need the seat removed to access it):

If you want to be able to plug in a charger without removing your seat, then you'd need to add your own.
Thanks for that! Will check today for it.

Step 4: Receive file (15min in this case)
Step 5: Reconnect
Step 6: Press 'Reset'
Step 7: Done.

Total time of actual work, 5min.

Thanks @Scuba Steve for the tool. Worked like a charm. Will drop it off soon as I get some time to pop your way. But will need the tool again in 3600km.

Guess I need to do that oil change now.

Thanks @Scuba Steve for the tool. Worked like a charm. Will drop it off soon as I get some time to pop your way. But will need the tool again in 3600km.

Guess I need to do that oil change now.
You plan on keeping that damn thing for that long. ?

You plan on keeping that damn thing for that long. ?
There’s a case to keep it, BUT…

1. Need to learn how to swap handlebar to a lower model that I have. Anyone wanna help?
2. Mirror issue that can be addressed by simply rotating the assembly
3. Install the windshield from @LBV to see if it helps much with highway speed buffeting

Until it’s sold…I’ll keep riding it.

Crap...'if you have UMAP installed, unload it before resetting the service light'...

I don't know if I have UMAP installed...just that I have Power Commander V which was for the exhaust switch...

Ugh...and here I was all happy. Maybe it's just a re-load of the map.

Back
Top Bottom