Ducati Diavel | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ducati Diavel

Agreed Caboose.... the thing is an absolute beast to ride... SOOOO much fun.
Did the one you ride have the full termignoni system - makes it even snarlier - amazing.
The handling is absolutely brilliant - those engineers did a masterful job IMHO.

The only problem i had with it was the lack of ground clearance.But that's nitpicking because it's a cruiser after all.It really is a well put together package.

2 weeks ago I did a tour in the states and one of these pulled up to us. Kept on bragging that this bike is the fastest bike you can buy right now (factory) for under $1million. We kind of laughed him off...

At the hotel I started to look into it and the kid was right... I can't find a current factory bike with better 0-60 then this thing.

2.8 lbs/bhp
0-60 time of 2.6 seconds

Agreed Caboose.... the thing is an absolute beast to ride... SOOOO much fun.
Did the one you ride have the full termignoni system - makes it even snarlier - amazing.
The handling is absolutely brilliant - those engineers did a masterful job IMHO.

The one i was riding was a stock black Diavel Carbon so just the stock pipes. Ducati had 3 of them there (one Carbon) but all just had the stock pipes. I really wish one of them had Termis on it, I can only imagine what it'd sound like. The stock pipes were pretty nasty as is.

Its just such a silly juxtaposition.

The Diavel is to motorcycling what a rocket propelled grenade is to deer hunting.

The only problem i had with it was the lack of ground clearance.But that's nitpicking because it's a cruiser after all.It really is a well put together package.

I agree. Its not really fair to compare it to a sport bike or even a sport touring bike. It is what it is, but it is oodles of fun. I've ridden several different cruisers and at least the Diavel has a fairly aggressive riding position (as far as cruisers go) which does help you keep the bike pointed where you want it to go.

2 weeks ago I did a tour in the states and one of these pulled up to us. Kept on bragging that this bike is the fastest bike you can buy right now (factory) for under $1million. We kind of laughed him off...

At the hotel I started to look into it and the kid was right... I can't find a current factory bike with better 0-60 then this thing.

2.8 lbs/bhp
0-60 time of 2.6 seconds

I can believe that. Being friends with the owner of the dealership and with the Ducati rep has its perks. We got the TC turned off on mine and i probably took 3000km worth of tire life off that Pirelli 240 over the 30km ride. I'd get into a lot of trouble riding a Diavel all the time. After i got back from that ride i had to go lead another ride but the Diavel was reserved so i hopped onto the 1050 Speed Triple. Not many bikes can make a Speed Triple seem boring but going from one to the other did exactly that.

Last edited:
I had the chance to ride a carbon Diavel last week at GP .... took it out for 30 mins or so............ I too was unsure about the look of the beast , but after about 10 minutes on it , and shifting from "urban" mode to "sport" ....... Well, I just gotta say, you gotta ride this thing ........ what an absolute HOOT ! ...... The thing handles , stops, and wow ! That acceleration !! I was impressed ! I'd buy one ............ If I had $20K to spend on a bike............ Very cool bike...... in a "Mad Max" sort of way........... Cheers

I rode a Carbon with Termi's on it at Apex a couple of weeks ago. Amazing power and braking and surprising handling for the style bike it is... and the sound! IF I was looking at cruisers AND had $20k this would be my bike!

That said, I LOVE MY SUPERDUKE!

I love the sound of a big Ducati V-Ttwin but the Diavel actually sounds different than a 1198.

There's a lot more "crackle" to the exhaust note than that of the 1198, which just makes it sound so nasty and mean. It would make a really awesome street bike, but i don't think it would solve the problem of "i shouldn't buy that cuz i'll get in a lot of trouble on that thing".

Ride by wire seems cool.. any other bikes have that?

The twistgrip no longer has a throttle cable connected directly to the throttle body butterflies, but instead delivers a signal to a control unit, which in turn operates the butterfly opening electronically. The RbW system uses three different mappings to regulate the power delivery: 162hp with a sports-type delivery, 162hp with a progressive delivery suitable for touring, and 100hp with progressive delivery for city use.

Ride by wire seems cool.. any other bikes have that?

The twistgrip no longer has a throttle cable connected directly to the throttle body butterflies, but instead delivers a signal to a control unit, which in turn operates the butterfly opening electronically. The RbW system uses three different mappings to regulate the power delivery: 162hp with a sports-type delivery, 162hp with a progressive delivery suitable for touring, and 100hp with progressive delivery for city use.

I believe Yamaha was first with this on the R6. Before that other bikes had computer controlled secondary butterflies, which is not that far removed from throttle by wire.

Though I don't buy bikes for aesthetics, I wouldn't buy this one. It's too, I don't know, something out of batman. It looks like it tried too hard.

I'll stick to the monster, or the multistrada when I'm ready to duke it out.

I'll stick to the monster, or the multistrada when I'm ready to duke it out.

That is, until you ride the Diavel...
I've ridden both the Monster and Multistrada.... absolutely no comparison with the Monster. If you want to drive something plush (for touring or lots of 2 up) but don't want a Gold Wing, then maybe the MultiStrada over the Diavel, but that's the only way.

My Buell is one ugly mother of a bike, but wow - does it handle (have it dialed in properly)... tons of people turn their nose up at it until they see what it can do. The Diavel is certainly the same way.

My Buell is one ugly mother of a bike, but wow - does it handle (have it dialed in properly)... tons of people turn their nose up at it until they see what it can do. The Diavel is certainly the same way.

Eh, I kinda liked how the 1125R looked to be honest. It was one of the purest designs to come out of Buell. Now the 1125CR, that's an ugly bike. :p

Back
Top Bottom