Driving in Poor visability...wake up people ! | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Driving in Poor visability...wake up people !

I don't understand the lack of enforcement on our roads. It's been a problem for along time. I've lived in Toronto exclusively and all the time I have been here, hardly any police around, either on the 401 where it is badly needed. Yet when there is a weird traffic accident you'll see a whole pile of police at the scene.

Having more police around would solve a bunch of problems from speeding to aggression, to dumb dumbs and parking. Tory's hot button issue of parking was such a joke. His blitz there did nothing to help this issue, it's still a clusterfuck downtown with blocked lanes etc.

A step in the right direction would be specific blitzes. For example January blitz uncleared windshields, February unreadable license plates, March illegal mods etc etc. Stop relying on speeding tickets and remind drivers that there are laws other than speeding, DUI and seat belts. Hand the driver a driver's handbook with the ticket.

Well, there's enforcement, but seemingly the only thing they ever enforce are speed limits, impaired, and no seat belt, and maaaybe if they see you go through a red light or stop sign without stopping.

It doesn't help that the HTA's clause about use of turn signals contains that "... where it may affect another driver" clause. It should be that turn signal use is mandatory for any lane change or direction change at an intersection - period, end of story. It's the other driver that you didn't see, who needs to know the most. That "... where it may affect another driver" clause makes it (almost) unenforceable - so they don't.

The non-use of headlights is an easy one to ticket. You're responsible for knowing how your vehicle works. If you know your car has instrument lights on all the time and you need to look for that little green indicator ... so be it. And ... they don't.

It’s always baffled me that the use of turn signals is not mandatory. I do it without even thinking, it’s just muscle memory at this point.

There is no logic gate to go through. Always signal.

While we’re at it, let’s educate the drivers who have their high beams on... all... the... time.

Back
Top Bottom