Driving in Poor visability...wake up people ! | GTAMotorcycle.com

Driving in Poor visability...wake up people !

basmn

Site Supporter
Driving in Poor visibility...wake up people !

Just drove home from the cottage....blowing snow like crazy on the 401, visability poor ....i have my headlights, tail lights, fog lights And my rear bumper fogs on to try and make my vehicle visible in the poor road conditions...you would not believe how many cars (90%) did not turn on there tail or head light on. How the f%$# do you expect to be seen out there....smarten up people...auto lighting does not turn on when it snows in the day time.
End of rant...:mad:

Last edited:
Re: Driving in Poor visibility...wake up people !

F%$#@% spell check...dam i hate that

Last edited:

Just drove home from the cottage....blowing snow like crazy on the 401, visability poor ....i have my headlights, tail lights, fog lights And my rear bumper fogs on to try and make my vehicle visible in the poor road conditions...you would not believe how many cars (90%) did not turn on there tail or head light on. How the f%$# do you expect to be seen out there....smarten up people...auto lighting does not turn on when it snows in the day time.
End of rant...:mad:

I blame Toyota (and a few others). You know your cars are driven by people that could care less about driving (and that's being generous to most of their customers) and you program them to have the dash lights on all the time but they have to manually turn on the taillights? I just can't understand how anyone actually thought that was a good idea and implemented that system yet alone dug in their heels and kept it unchanged for more than a decade.

I see enough people driving without lights on in the pitch dark on the QEW that I am convinced there are people that confuse the DRLs on their car for headlights. It used to be you wouldn't have dash lights unless you turned on the headlights, but this is not always the case anymore so some people may not even know they have to turn them on.

I see enough people driving without lights on in the pitch dark on the QEW that I am convinced there are people that confuse the DRLs on their car for headlights. It used to be you wouldn't have dash lights unless you turned on the headlights, but this is not always the case anymore so some people may not even know they have to turn them on.

That's the simple solution. Any time you feel the need to have dash lights on, you damn sure should have all outside lights on as well. It's also an easy visual reminder that you are invisible. Having that new stupid light symbol for DRL helps nothing. Most people don't know what it means. They should have stuck with a DRL light if they really felt the need for an indicator.

F%$#@% spell check...dam i hate that

Hey, you fixed your mistakes, now I have to delete my post!!!

I've had automatic lights on my past couple of cars, but I still manually switch on the lights old-school all the time, but especially at dusk or during inclement weather. Better safe than sorry.

Last edited:

I leave my lights switched on the majority of the time as they go off when the ignition is turned off so, I don’t drain the battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey, you fixed your mistakes, now I have to delete my post!!!

I've had automatic lights on my past couple of cars, but I still manually switch on the lights old-school all the time, but especially at dusk or during inclement weather. Better safe than sorry.

Just look for the headlight icon on the dash. Anytime the light gets low enough or i sit under a bridge longer then a few seconds they come on. In severe weather i crank them on manually.

Keep in mind, that it's just as bad, maybe worse, when you put your fogs on when they shouldn't be.

I always turn my lights from auto to low beam when starting the car, and back to auto when I'm done.

That's the simple solution. Any time you feel the need to have dash lights on, you damn sure should have all outside lights on as well. It's also an easy visual reminder that you are invisible. Having that new stupid light symbol for DRL helps nothing. Most people don't know what it means. They should have stuck with a DRL light if they really felt the need for an indicator.

Just like how most people don't know when to use their high beams. I see lots of idiots in the city full daylight with hi beams on.
There is a light on the dash for that too but is it noticed??

This thread is asking a lot from dumb dumbs who can't even get that right. The automated car is perfect to get these dummy's off the road and let the rest of us drive.

I get it, It's aggravating as hell trust me. I am yelling and honking when I can to see if they get the message.

Had a few people pull out in front of me today. In dry conditions there is enough room, but in these conditions, they pull out and can't get up to speed fast enough and I'm on their bumper.

So of course I see a snow covered SUV on the drive home on the QEW, in the dark, with the lights off lol

Had a few people pull out in front of me today. In dry conditions there is enough room, but in these conditions, they pull out and can't get up to speed fast enough and I'm on their bumper.

Dodged a Kia that did this... seemed like it was completely unable to stop and was trying to avoid a pickup truck. I think it still grazed it though

Just like how most people don't know when to use their high beams. I see lots of idiots in the city full daylight with hi beams on.
There is a light on the dash for that too but is it noticed??

This thread is asking a lot from dumb dumbs who can't even get that right. The automated car is perfect to get these dummy's off the road and let the rest of us drive.

I get it, It's aggravating as hell trust me. I am yelling and honking when I can to see if they get the message.

It's not being done due to them being dumb.. It's done intentionally out of ignorance.. because they can see better... and **** everyone else.

Last edited:

because they can see better... and **** everyone else.

All HID and LED kits designed to fit in halogen housings should come with a bumper sticker that paraphrases that. Installing the kit without the sticker doubles the fine when you get pulled over for being an ***.

meh, most drivers are bad at it

defensive driving always
whether on 2 wheels or 4

Ontario and Canada are still far better than 80% of the world

It's coming to an end, but I drive to work in the dark, I drive home from work in the dark. The amount of drivers nowadays with no rear lights on or high-beams on is astonishing. Add to that goofballs with ultra-bright LED kits in their "fog lamps" on a clear morning. It's idiocracy out there now.

its not just the cars with poor visibility, might as well lump in the foot traffic that dont want to wait for the walk sign, since its snowing barrels full. Black parka, pants and the hood up, booking it on the dont walk, stepping into lanes since they have a 'right of way' mentality.
Asshats

We are close to self driving cars, yet most cars still can't turn lights on in a snow storm.

Someone remind me, why aren't trail lights included with the DRLs?

Someone remind me, why aren't trail lights included with the DRLs?

Now that is an interesting question..?.i would love to hear the auto makers answer...

Back
Top Bottom