Drive Test Backlog | GTAMotorcycle.com

Drive Test Backlog

Jampy00

Site Supporter
Browsing some YouTube while having my morning coffee and watched this from CBC.

States that in Ontario there is a backlog of approx. four hundred thousand driving exams.
So it got me thinking, how many people that should not be on the road, now be on the road slipping through the cracks of an already overburdened system?
And what does that mean for the other people that share those same roads? How will this impact insurance premiums etc.?
I must admit I feel the number of RIP or GWS soon post seems to be on the rise this year.

So I ask the GTAM community, what are your thoughts?

I think that the number of people driving without a license would be no different with or without the backlog.

Vast majority of people wouldn’t risk getting caught without a license. My cousin is one of them. Got his G1 and is driving with his parents but (hopefully) isn’t stupid enough to try it driving solo.

As for the number of GWS/RIP threads…not sure if there is an increase year to year, but this time of year we always hear of more accidents at the start of season. Add the fact more people got into riding, with less time in the saddle, faster car speeds, and it’s a recipe for disaster.

AM680 was reporting yesterday that an extra 170 examiners will be hired to deal with the backlog, extended hours, and testing on weekends will ramp up.

In addition, Toronto parking enforcement starts back to normal on Monday.

COVID-19 is over. (Sarcasm)

How many of those are motorcycle riders on the verge of an expiring M2?

The guy formerly known as Mladin.

How many of those are motorcycle riders on the verge of an expiring M2?

The guy formerly known as Mladin.
None of them? Nothing expires right now.

As far as drivetest backlog lowering the standard of driving required, I doubt it. The bar is barely at ankle level for the last few decades, there isn't much room to lower. Gov't needs to start with testing close to home and hiring staff to ensure centres can deal with the volume required in their area.

Talking about expiring....What's the status of plate stickers? Some Service Ont locations are open...is it up to us to go f=get the sticker since no notifications have been sent? Last time I got it online and they mailed the sticker to me....after getting the notification.

Talking about expiring....What's the status of plate stickers? Some Service Ont locations are open...is it up to us to go f=get the sticker since no notifications have been sent? Last time I got it online and they mailed the sticker to me....after getting the notification.
You can go online and order them without issue or a notice from the ministry.

Old stickers still valid. When you buy the new sticker, they charge you for last years too.

Old stickers still valid. When you buy the new sticker, they charge you for last years too.
That didn't happen to us. One sticker expired in Sept 20, renewed in May 21 and paid the normal price. Perhaps it has to be 1 year expired?

That didn't happen to us. One sticker expired in Sept 20, renewed in May 21 and paid the normal price. Perhaps it has to be 1 year expired?
Dont know. My info was from a neighbour that owns some SO offices. If I have an april 20 sticker and renew now for a year, it would show up as two year sticker in the computer and she cant change that as they assume you have been driving. If you had a feb 20 sticker, you just pay for a year as they assume it has been off the road.

Well I guess it might be advisable for people to renew at their earliest convenience to hopefully avoid any additional charges.

Back
Top Bottom