Drag Racing | GTAMotorcycle.com

Drag Racing

ToSlow

Site Supporter
Is anyone here into drag racing? The 3 tracks left in Ontario are opened up,

He has been in drag racing for yrs, Lives in burford

I'd be up for a few passes, pretty much anytime.
This fjr I'm wasting my time on atm, is about 12kph slower than the busa at the top end of 2nd gear. It'll be interesting to see how much I can wring out of it.

Ok. I think I know who you mean. Beefed up gen 1 busa?
I don't know what he is running these days, I worked with him a few yrs back. Really great guy with tons of knowledge

I don't know what he is running these days, I worked with him a few yrs back. Really great guy with tons of knowledge
He said to me one day:
Him "Do you want to improve your 60'?"
Me "uh huh".
Him "put your index and middle finger between the clutch lever and the handle grip at launch".
So. I tried it. Once.
I almost climbed the tree.....lol.

He was setting the clutch for a top fuel team at one point.

I only saw him run a time or two, but he got that busa to the end of the track in a hurry.
He had a buddy with a turbo, or nitrous zx14. That bike was always in a rush too.

This fjr I'm wasting my time on atm, is about 12kph slower than the busa at the top end of 2nd gear. It'll be interesting to see how much I can wring out of it.
I ran both for several years, both stock except for the 40lb delete on the Busa exhaust. There isn’t much difference in a quarter mile - for me (not a frequent quarter mile runner) either could be best on any given day, same goes for the a odd Busa rider I’ve embarrassed on the street with my FJR.

Things change once you get past 230kmh, the FJR starts to tail off, the Busa is still trying to pull your arms off.

Yo
I only saw him run a time or two, but he got that busa to the end of the track in a hurry.
He had a buddy with a turbo, or nitrous zx14. That bike was always in a rush too.
You going to be running this yr?

I think I was at Cayuga one night when you were there with the Busa, years ago…
I’d be up for a Friday or Saturday test and tune and bring the Tuono down for a few passes.
I had an ‘07 FJR and took it to St Thomas one day. Best I managed out of it was 11.98. Considering it’s a big heavy touring bike I thought that was pretty damn good!

I think I was at Cayuga one night when you were there with the Busa, years ago…
I’d be up for a Friday or Saturday test and tune and bring the Tuono down for a few passes.
I had an ‘07 FJR and took it to St Thomas one day. Best I managed out of it was 11.98. Considering it’s a big heavy touring bike I thought that was pretty damn good!
Yes indeed. You and SunnyS (banana beemer 800) were banging heads, and BrianP and I were duking it out.
I ran both for several years, both stock except for the 40lb delete on the Busa exhaust. There isn’t much difference in a quarter mile - for me (not a frequent quarter mile runner) either could be best on any given day, same goes for the a odd Busa rider I’ve embarrassed on the street with my FJR.

Things change once you get past 230kmh, the FJR starts to tail off, the Busa is still trying to pull your arms off.
I got the fjr to "give up" last year (on a road in mexico). The busa would still be in 5th gear.....maybe 4th.
Yo

You going to be running this yr?
Very good chance.
Set it up!

A quick glance at the schedule for cayuga shows test & tune ($40) fridays at 7pm - 11pm.
Sat 11am - 4pm ($70).
No more wednesdays or sundays.

...I got the fjr to "give up" last year (on a road in mexico). The busa would still be in 5th gear.....maybe 4th..

Yup, the FJR poops out a bit over 250. That’s way past the speed you’re hitting in a quarter mile.

Back
Top Bottom