Don't use "Stat Kleen" on your visor. | GTAMotorcycle.com

Don't use "Stat Kleen" on your visor.

unL33T

Bottle says it protects plastic and is safe for visors. Ruined mine.

zSQjPUy.jpg

a3LmPDv.jpg

OyzSKWh.jpg

6Xn7boz.jpg

gIz5jkK.jpg

Was able to recover it by just using more and more until all the coating came off. Not sure what that coating was for, though.

Last edited:
Not picking on you, but I would extend that to say don't put anything that is marked as corrosive anywhere on your helmet

Yeah. I should not have trusted that one line about visors.

Believe that is your anti fog coating you just stripped off your visor...could be wrong though.

I use kids wet wipes on my visor.

Sent from my SM-A500W using Tapatalk

This was my go to. Had this around at work and decided to try it. I regret my decision. At least the visor seems to still be usable.

I made the mistake once of using Invisible Glass on my visor. Made it all crazed, as I went when I found out the replacement price for a new one.

The tip in there about seat belts could be handy for me. Got a slow one in one of my cars.
Wow, just tried it and it works! Seat belt doesn't go all the way in on its own but it gets most of the way there. Way better than before.

Wow, just tried it and it works! Seat belt doesn't go all the way in on its own but it gets most of the way there. Way better than before.
Good to know. Will have to try it on the Outlander. Ironically my newest vehicle is the one with seat belt issues while the 30 year old one is fine.

Just starting pledge on my visor. Thanks for the tip. Water beads off better than when I used Rain X. For the inside, I let a thin film of shampoo dry on the surface of the visor and then wipe it off. Doesn't fog up at all.

Did you just spray it on the entire length of the belt itself?

Yeah I pulled the belt out all the way, sprayed each side very generously and let it wind back in. Did it a few times. I figure the product needs to seep into the mechanism, I can't see how the webbing itself is the problem. Maybe were it rubs against the hook or trim pieces.?

Having done it though, now I wonder about residue leaving marks on my clothes, like if I wear a white shirt to work...?

Back
Top Bottom