donor card | GTAMotorcycle.com

donor card

I'm not a donor... My mom is an ER nurse, and she wants me to be one, but I think she gets why I haven't agreed to it... However, I'm pretty sure if it came down to it she would try to get them to get as much of a harvest from me as possible.

I always said, donors in need should get first dibs from donors. Only if a donor in need is not found should non donors be considered.

Not a donor. Dont want to put my family through the embarassment of having somone tell them there was nothing in me that was still of any use.

I donated everything but my eyes, and check the box not for research. if it will save someone have at her!

I donated everything but my eyes, and check the box not for research. if it will save someone have at her!

Exactly the same here. It went over fine...just gotta pick your spot to bring it up. I also wrote up a living will/power of attorney and put 3 people on there so I know if one goes soft (guess who) the other 2 will make sure that what I want done gets done.

Definitely a donor, this is a no brainer question to me.

If I can help someone in need after I die, I don't see why I wouldn't. As a motorcyclist I know too well that there in a severe accident where there is no hope for my own life, some of my organs could allow someone else to enjoy their life. More than 4,000 Canadians are waiting for an organ transplant to save their lives. Last year, 195 Canadians died while waiting for an organ transplant.

I'm also on the OneMatch Stem Cell and Marrow network for unrelated bone marrow donations (fewer than 30% of patients who need stem cell transplants find a compatible donor within their own family). In need for a stem cell transplant, there are far greater chances to find a compatible donor within your own ethnic community. Unfortunately at the moment, non-caucasian are largely underrepresented in the Canadian stem cell donor registry.

I also try to give blood every 56 days (again, I would be the first one to benefit in a motorcycle crash...)

I would donate blood, but living in Britain in the 80's Canada doesn't want it.

Some Countries ban Brits from donating organs and tissues, some only allow organs.

There's nothing wrong with my mad cow blood :pottytrain3:

I donate blood swell.
Me an my buddy go and race to see who can fill the bag the fastest.
They start us at the same time and give you a stress ball to squeez

Definitely a donor, this is a no brainer question to me.

If I can help someone in need after I die, I don't see why I wouldn't. As a motorcyclist I know too well that there in a severe accident where there is no hope for my own life, some of my organs could allow someone else to enjoy their life. More than 4,000 Canadians are waiting for an organ transplant to save their lives. Last year, 195 Canadians died while waiting for an organ transplant.

I'm also on the OneMatch Stem Cell and Marrow network for unrelated bone marrow donations (fewer than 30% of patients who need stem cell transplants find a compatible donor within their own family). In need for a stem cell transplant, there are far greater chances to find a compatible donor within your own ethnic community. Unfortunately at the moment, non-caucasian are largely underrepresented in the Canadian stem cell donor registry.

I also try to give blood every 56 days (again, I would be the first one to benefit in a motorcycle crash...)

I am also registered with onematch. Tridel is a client of ours and they went through a massive drive when someone from their office got diagnosed. Thought that was cool of them. Too scared of needles to donate blood, but I'm down for donating what I can. As long as I am out before they come near me with any scalpel.

By the way the donating your body for research, there's limits. My grandmother was a nurse and she had listed her body to be donated. Remember the conversation with my mom about how it ment we would just have a funeral but no body to bury. Really it wasn't awkward at all, its what she wants so why not respect it. The conversation was just so I would understand. But when she got near her 80's she was informed that they wouldn't take her. So they do want the bodies in a certain condition.

No questions asked. It's a pretty personal choice no?

Like Cat13, I'm also registered with OneMatch...

Whether it's Karma, or just plain humanity... having the opportunity to help is a blessing.

Listed donor, I dont care what the family thinks , its not a popularity contest.

My thoughts are the body is just a shell, when I go I will no longer be in the shell. Dont know where I'll be, but the casing is available to help anyone else that may be able use it. I'm not sqeemish.

i'm a doner, having had a 17yr old daughter that had acute liver fail and needed a liver transplant last yr and close to death before they found one. needless to say i had no problem filling the card out.

I would love to donate blood but they won't accept you either untill 6 months after your last tattoo. So......thats not happening right now.

Doner, yes!
I also know people who have had their life saved or even vision restored because of someone else.
When you die your body is just going to rot away anyhow. Why not give someone a chance to live.

May soubd weird but i wish i could could chose to offer only for kids first.
Last time i was at the hospital i almost punched out a who had a spraind anckle. there was a 3 year old kid with his whole arm swollen and crying that was 3rd in line. i was second. said to the guy lets let the kid go first, the bull shoot that came out of his mouth needed a slap. "iv waited 2 hours alread", your a man, man up.

May soubd weird but i wish i could could chose to offer only for kids first.
Last time i was at the hospital i almost punched out a who had a spraind anckle. there was a 3 year old kid with his whole arm swollen and crying that was 3rd in line. i was second. said to the guy lets let the kid go first, the bull shoot that came out of his mouth needed a slap. "iv waited 2 hours alread", your a man, man up.

Did you knock the starbucks out of his hand and then proceed to strangle him with his own designer scarf?

Just to clarify. Does your family still have the final say if you are a registered donor?

Back
Top Bottom