DO you stop for fellow riders on the side of the road | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

DO you stop for fellow riders on the side of the road

Helping ppl is a down trend... ever since last year's bike jacking.. atleast for me.. rider stopped help a fellow rider and got his bike stolen by the said fellow rider.. world is becoming a very dangerous place

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

One reason that people don't stop, either bike or cage, is the assumption that everyone has a cell phone and the matter is under control.
I try to stop but if I'm in the left lane on the highway and traffic is busy and moving it could be a long walk back to the stopped bike after I got to a safe spot to pull over. I would make the effort if I saw a helmet on the ground. I've helped one with some gas from my service truck.

Only to rob them...

I kid.. stop most of the time or at least see if people need help. I took some water to 2 ladies who's car broke down outside my house and had to wait an hour for a tow.

I do stop for bikers who look like they need help. Whether im on my bike or in my car...

Only if she is hot and needs to be serviced!

End Thread!

Last night on the QEW towards toronto just after the 427 on that long sweeper I was on the left lane. Only noticed a rider and bike stopped on the left shoulder right when I was beside them.

Usually I stop but that was a sketchy part of the road. Felt sorry for him but it's not a safe area to be pulling over. Hope he made it ok.

If safely done, pull over and either offer thumbs up, or ask if I'm wearing a halfee. Takes 2 minutes and possibly save hours (or even their life!).

I say the latter for this story. I'm driving back from dropping my bike off with a trailer and don't I see a newbie RUNNING his bike across a few lanes on the 401. Cannot imagine having bike troubles and staying in any lane other than the bailer. Should have been prayerfully offering up thanksgiving for the swerving around he didn't seem to notice. Anyway, loaded him up and all was good. I think that was a life-saver and cost me about an hour. Pennies on the dollar.

Always. Someday I will need something. A joint, screwdriver, Phone. Joking on the joint, occifer.

I have stopped 3 times last year,they didnt need my help but just hope when i need help someone stops for me.

Just had one do it to me today. Was having bike issues. I new the problem so just gave the thumbs up and he went along. He was on a Harley to boot which I was suprised he's even look !

I helped quite a few riders over the years, and checked on even more folks who stop for a break and leave helmet on the ground etc...

Not long ago I broke down (R/R drained the battery) in Downtown Hamilton... Abut 100 bikes rolled by (helmet on the ground, seat off, I'm fiddling with it) not one ever even slowed down. As I was walking away, dude on R1 stopped to check on me (he actually rode around the block) - good to see there are still cool riders around.

I don't even care about karma/pay-it-forward or whatnot, it's just the right thing to do...

The signal for distress or breakdown is a helmet on the ground at the rear tire.

I stopped at a cruiser one day at mullock and bathurst to find a couple laying in the grass watching clouds.

I don't stop unless I see the helmet.

^ What he said.

Back
Top Bottom