Do you fit the stereotype for your bike? | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Do you fit the stereotype for your bike?

Oh cummon get over yourselves. Seems to me just another thread so you can all go on about yourselves & what you own & blah, blah, blah. Post some pics of what you've got lardy dah. Go on about wot ya thinkin' about getting. Engage in some mutual admiration. Some oneupmanship here & there. Explain why you are a serious rider, not like those other guys. Give us all the details of your career as a motorcyclist. It's all so entertaining to read !. I'm sure you must impress each other to death. I'm in a coma myself from reading it all. It's almost like a virus.
I have to self quarantine now. I think I'm coming down with something.

With all due respect
Not in the slightest
In fact anyone who knows me, knows I’m very humble. I’m the guy at a car show that shows up parks his car and disappears. I don’t stand all day beside my own car, I go check out all the others. So no I’m far from full of myself. I’m not on here to brag about what I have. I’m here to interact with like minded individuals.
you've been here since 2015 with very little activity. In fact 1/5 my posts.
My posts also get plenty of likes. That’s how this works.
I spend lots of time reading all the other information on here about other people’s garages, short rides, long rides, maintenance and everything else this site has to offer. Without posts about motorcycles, cars, politics or just chatter we have nothing. So on that note I feel I’ve explained my self. Why don’t you actually post something productive, maybe about your bike or a ride you would like to take.
Or since your not the posting type you could just keep your opinion to yourself and go away. With under 50 posts in 5 years I’m sure nobody will miss you.

Heck no

I’m in a class of my own

Confirmed by doctors

Not fun (usually)

Almost 39yrs old, a few extra lbs in the belly region, a distinguished amount of silver popping up in my beard, family man, half way to a pension, a sore back, no tattoos, hates being lumped in with the "pirate" crowd, enjoys performance but not concerned with being the fastest, always up for a road trip. I'd say I'm a stereotypical ST1300 owner.

Oh cummon get over yourselves. Seems to me just another thread so you can all go on about yourselves & what you own & blah, blah, blah. Post some pics of what you've got lardy dah. Go on about wot ya thinkin' about getting. Engage in some mutual admiration. Some oneupmanship here & there. Explain why you are a serious rider, not like those other guys. Give us all the details of your career as a motorcyclist. It's all so entertaining to read !. I'm sure you must impress each other to death. I'm in a coma myself from reading it all. It's almost like a virus.
I have to self quarantine now. I think I'm coming down with something.

This is what I read;
Blah blah blah....grumble grumble.......blah blah blah....grumble grumble........blah blah blah....grumble grumble

A motorcycle enthusiast? I think not. His name says it all.

So I’ve told my story before but will again
Ive been a gear head my entire life. Started riding street motorcycles at 38 years old 5 years ago.
I started on a 2000’s style forward controls custom chopper because it looked cool and riding it I felt cool. All bikes have a purpose and that for sure was the only thing this bike did well.
In short time I realized that I enjoyed to ride A LOT, but not this bike.
My father rode a Harley touring bike so I bought a Harley touring bike. Now I could ride as far as I wanted. I was falling in love with motorcycling. But still lacking something.
One of my employees left me an R6 and said try this. Omg this this is what I need. For 30 minutes lol.
So what do you buy when you want to ride long day trips, rain or shine, twisty back roads or hwy, fast or slow, cold or hot. Smooth or busted up roads. It took me 4 years to find the bike and the style that fits me. Enter the KTM 1190 adventure, I found my do it all bike that fits me.
I will wake up with no plan and jump on my bike and be gone for 8 or 9 hours ride gravel or hwy rain or shine. Some days I just cruise other days I ride faster than I should. Lol faster than that old Harley even could. Some days it’s a short ride across town to run errands. The bottom line I ride as much as I can.
No I haven’t crossed Africa or ridden to Alaska or to Star bucks, but I will ride to Calabogie and back for a burger, hit a couple Tim’s along the way.

I believe I fit the stereotype for my bike
43years ol, father, entrepreneur, KTM 1190 Adventure

Do you fit the stereotype for your bike?
Are you the one guy that bought a new H2 at 65years old or the guy that uses a 600S/S as a mile muncher. Maybe your the guy that has the DRZ 400 sm that can’t wheelie.
Be honest does your bike fit?

Not sure if i fit the bill never had a drivers license till I was 24 now I’m 57 I ride a Goldwing bought to do a cross country trip,more curves in life than just on the roads,started riding when I was 41 on a honda v65 magna, from there to a 1600 Kawasaki vulcan loved both bikes but the wing is well a wing power to spare unbelievably balanced two up comfort all day long,quiet like I like with tunes I think the only thing that makes me stereotypical is age

I was 38 and an avid mountain biker, no tattoo, non smoker, self employed carpenter, father of two. Far from the bad attitude pirate or “biker” SOA wannabe.
even made a bike rack for the Harley.
I did buy Harley boots and have one shirt a wallet and a keychain that were gifts.
and I can’t grow a handlebar stash.
Hmmmm that's a good idea! I ride a 29" bmx and always wondered how I could take it with me......

As for the OP, I don't really fit the stereotype. My bike is 2 years older than I am, a vintage muscle cruiser, and I would say I'm more of a supermoto/hooligan bike guy. But I love her!

Hmmmm that's a good idea! I ride a 29" bmx and always wondered how I could take it with me......

As for the OP, I don't really fit the stereotype. My bike is 2 years older than I am, a vintage muscle cruiser, and I would say I'm more of a supermoto/hooligan bike guy. But I love her!

Actually the Harley and the Trek are gone now. The Harley was traded in and the Trek has gone to my Daughter.
My set up is now a KTM 1190 adv with a Niner Jet9 RDO

Back
Top Bottom