Do motorcycle tickets affect you car insurance? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Do motorcycle tickets affect you car insurance?

Speeding +no plate + no insurance + M1 at night? Do yourself and everyone else a favour and don't even look at a motorcycle for 10 years.

Until the insurance company finds out.
Pretty sure that when you sign an insurance contract, you are asked if you have ever run afoul. If his insurer finds out, he will never get insured again.

Pretty sure that when you sign an insurance contract, you are asked if you have ever run afoul. If his insurer finds out, he will never get insured again.
devil is in the details

charged or convicted? he hasn't been convicted (yet)

No insurance slip “fix it” ticket requires you to bring proof of insurance to the police station don’t you? Otherwise it becomes no insurance in court. That was my experience. Brought the pink slip the insurance slip the next day showing insured date and charges dropped in court. The dust hasn’t settle yet don’t haha yet

No insurance slip “fix it” ticket requires you to bring proof of insurance to the police station don’t you? Otherwise it becomes no insurance in court. That was my experience. Brought the pink slip the insurance slip the next day showing insured date and charges dropped in court. The dust hasn’t settle yet don’t haha yet
Not necessarily, but it's a possibility.

If the tickets that were written up were only for the obstruct-plate and the failure-to-provide-insurance-slip ... Neither of those tickets are moving-violations. Thank your lucky stars, pay those tickets, DO NOT try to fight them in court, accept this as a learned lesson, get properly plated and insured ... and calm down.

And yes, you only have one driver's license, and your insurance for all of your vehicles is based on your driving record. Get a ticket with one, it affects your insurance rating for all.
When I got these tickets, State Farm (at the time) advised they would definitely affect my rates if I were convicted. Not sure how Desjardins or others handle them, but best to check if unsure.

When it becomes apparent in court that OP never had insurance, whats stopping them from hitting him with that charge?
If not then anyone riding dirty could just carry around a fake slip with a valid policy number.
Yeah that's what I was thinking. But OP should not be stupid and talk more than he has to. If the judge asks you if you are guilty of not carrying an insurance slip yes said "Yes I'm guilty" and don't open your mouth, you will get a ticket just for that.

ChrisCBR you must be gullible to think that it's goofs who speed and cause accidents that provoke insurance companies to raise our rates, why did some of them raised home insurance rates 60% last year? Are people speeding down highways in their houses?

Back
Top Bottom