Do bike mounted cameras really pacify aggressive drivers? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Do bike mounted cameras really pacify aggressive drivers?

bgfa

Site Supporter
For those of you that have ridden without one, and then installed one:

Is there really any noticeable difference? Occasionally I run in to some nut and being a cheapskate, it might be fun to make a mock one with a flashing red light and have it pointed behind me. Might be fun to see the expression on the driver once I activate the red light with a little switch. Opinions?

I've had mixed results. Some will continue to drive like asshats, others will (once they notice the camera) drive a bit more respectfully.

More than either of the above, I find a lot of drivers/pedestrians are curious about the camera (asking if it is one/what kind/etc) which is alright, but there have been a few who got too distracted by it to notice a red light had turned green, etc. :p

However, I've had a number of moments during solo/group rides where either I've been pushed out of a lane or someone in the group was, and it's always fun tapping the camera as you ride beside the idiot's driver-side window and seeing the expression on their face when they see they were just caught on video.

For those of you that have ridden without one, and then installed one:

Is there really any noticeable difference? Occasionally I run in to some nut and being a cheapskate, it might be fun to make a mock one with a flashing red light and have it pointed behind me. Might be fun to see the expression on the driver once I activate the red light with a little switch. Opinions?

go ahead and try it, you will be breaking the law:

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/regs/english/elaws_regs_070484_e.htm

Subscribed to this. I say do it bgfa! :D add a little "Smile, Mofo!" sticker on the back of your lid too.

I'm pretty sure the OP means a little red flashing LED in his mocked-up camera so it looks like he turned it on to start recording the shenanigans.

Yes that is what I meant. I doubt very much that I would be fined for a small LED light, and if I was, I would be more than happy to attend a court date on that one to show the Judge what an Officer considered my violation

TekNinja81 makes a good point. I'd hate to be rear ended coming to a stop light by someone focusing on it.

Hmmm... a little "smile" sticker would be a nice touch, especially if I could get that to flash on the screen

Hmmm... a little "smile" sticker would be a nice touch, especially if I could get that to flash on the screen

Could do one of these....

[video=youtube;Mc6LpRnX2hs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc6LpRnX2hs[/video]

:p

Love the contour - so stealthy. Also, have a tank bag with my gps in it sometimes. This helps....

Rear mounted - drivers leave enough space behind when stopping and keep their distance while driving. Watching the footage back showing it works.

Side Mounted on Helmet - Noticed by everyone and "scares" them i guess. People drive normally.

*Sometimes at a stop, i'll fidget with my gps through my tank bag as im putting in a license number or something lol but im just looking at my route and time etc and helps that my bike is a plain blue and white gsf 500 hahaha.

Could do one of these....

[video=youtube;Mc6LpRnX2hs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc6LpRnX2hs[/video]

:p

Oh man, if only I could fit a few more words, I would buy that thing right now.

"Thanks for flicking that cigarette butt at me you ignorant bastard."
"Why are you in the passing lane? Please learn how to drive."
"Either your turn signals are broken or you are just a lazy @hole."
"Littering is a $500 fine. Can you turn around and go pick that up please?"

Back
Top Bottom