Do all Sportbike riders... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Do all Sportbike riders...

The HOV lane is not the passing lane. The 3rd lane is the passing lane. If you don't want to pass, don't use the 3rd lane, even if you're doing 100. Right two lanes are travelling lanes. HOV lane is also a travelling lane, if you want to sit there doing 100 in it you're not doing anything wrong.

The HOV lane is not the passing lane. The 3rd lane is the passing lane. If you don't want to pass, don't use the 3rd lane, even if you're doing 100. Right two lanes are travelling lanes. HOV lane is also a travelling lane, if you want to sit there doing 100 in it you're not doing anything wrong.
Legally yes...you are 100% correct. However, I have seen time and again people going 100kph in the HOV lane, and people behind them now have to (or want to) move to pass them on the right and then go back to the HOV lane. Most times this happens where it's not allowed with solid white lines.

The HOV lane is a travelling lane to bypass traffic. ********* move if you're in it going 100kph and traffic in the normal lanes is still 100kph.

Legally yes...you are 100% correct. However, I have seen time and again people going 100kph in the HOV lane, and people behind them now have to (or want to) move to pass them on the right and then go back to the HOV lane. Most times this happens where it's not allowed with solid white lines.

The HOV lane is a travelling lane to bypass traffic. ********* move if you're in it going 100kph and traffic in the normal lanes is still 100kph.
They should pass them in the appropriate passing lane, that is how the highway is designed.

The HOV lane is a travelling lane to REDUCE the traffic in the other lanes, not bypass it. Instead of 4 people in their own 4 cars adding to congestion in the 'normal' highway lanes you have 4 people in 1 car in it's own lane with other like minded poolers.

Last edited:
This footage only illustrates what many of us already know: yes yes people do tend to exceed the posted speed limit. But let's be honest, 2 wheels AND 4 wheels. For every motorcyclist traveling at speed we've all seen sports cars, regular family sedans, pickups, even minivans speeding well beyond the posted limit.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

They should pass them in the appropriate passing lane, that is how the highway is designed.

The HOV lane is a travelling lane to REDUCE the traffic in the other lanes, not bypass it.

As much as it bugs me when I come up to someone doing 100 in the HOV lane. I have to agree. It isn't the passing lane and anyone in it has no way to move over or to know that someone would need to go faster.

But **** you all the left lane hoggers (non-HOV).

edit: grammer whoops.

Just like 99% of the GTA if you are going slow in the left lanes.. I will use the rights to pass you. It shouldn't have to get to that, but driving schools taught a lot of people to camp in the left because its safer.

For the HOV, I'll pass if its clear and no traffic around. Don't really care what the slow poke feels.. hes back there somewhere..

The "Song of the Sausage Creature" comes to mind.

If you are driving below the speed of traffic in the HOV lane, you are a **** plain and simple. Legal ****, but **** none the less for many of us.
Do explain

Get someone else to explain to you. you get it. don't play dumb. it's ok to not agree.
Never said it wasn't.

Last i checked its okay to ask as well.

HOV lanes are intended to allow high-occupancy vehicles, green vehicles, and for some silly reason motorcycles, to travel faster than the bogged down traffic.

If you weave around someone in the HOV, is that four points on the ticket (out & in) or two on each separate ticket?

HOV lanes are intended to allow high-occupancy vehicles, green vehicles, and for some silly reason motorcycles, to travel faster than the bogged down traffic.

If you weave around someone in the HOV, is that four points on the ticket (out & in) or two on each separate ticket?
Good point. Are the charges better or worse if you pass on the shoulder instead of crossing the HOV demarcation line? It should only be one ticket for driving on the shoulder instead of a potential two for crossing HOV line twice. For the record, I don't do either, it's not worth the hassle but many many many people do the pass on the right regardless of the paint on the road.

Good point. Are the charges better or worse if you pass on the shoulder instead of crossing the HOV demarcation line? It should only be one ticket for driving on the shoulder instead of a potential two for crossing HOV line twice. For the record, I don't do either, it's not worth the hassle but many many many people do the pass on the right regardless of the paint on the road.
Is there a pass on the shoulder ticket?

Probably "improper use of" or stray into "unsafe lane change".

I'll ask a cop next time I find myself sitting next to one.

Driver education required, not only for the squids, but the
Not sure about that, its not a highway beside a highway to enjoy just because you have another person in the car. It's there to expedite traffic for those willing to travel with a passenger to gain a time benefit when the highway is congested.

I doubt anyone would ever get ticked for impeding traffic in an HOV lane... first they would need to ticket left lane loafers in the regular lanes and that hasn't happened yet.

If you are driving below the speed of traffic in the HOV lane, you are a **** plain and simple. Legal ****, but **** none the less for many of us.
So if you are speeding in the hov, it's better? What?

So if you are speeding in the hov, it's better? What?
Well he did say speed of traffic, not speeding. As the HOV lane is theoretically to improve traffic flow, by driving in it at less than the speed of surrounding traffic, you have screwed the whole system (and gained nothing for yourself in return other than a strong sense of righteousness).

Back
Top Bottom