DL1000 Power Commander HELP | GTAMotorcycle.com

DL1000 Power Commander HELP

dan02

I just bought a 2002 DL1000 after reading great reviews and it's the roughest riding bike I've ever rode. It lurches and pops from 2000rpm up to 4500rpm. I've read up on this and apparently a power commander can be the fix. The bike has one but it must not be programmed properly.

What is a good shop to take the bike to that has the equipment and the know-how to get my power commander set up properly (and hopefully fix this problem). This bike is HORRIBLE right now

any shop should be able to do it or you can do it yourself. Not that hard to get pretty close. Its basically a SV1000. Start with a TPS reset and they are detuned at low rpms for rideability. A simple plug in doggle defeats that. With a TPS reset and the doggle you should be good to go.

Forgive me ignorance, but you are talking way over my head. I tried to do it myself earlier tonight and I was completely lost.

Perhaps I will spend some more time on it

For SV1000s Power Commander's site lists a bunch of maps. I would expect that they would for the DL1000 as well. Try a different map and she how she runs. Save your current map in case you need to go back to it.

As kneedragger said, it'd be a worthwhile 20min to run through a TPS adjustment before spending money on a PC. Another avenue to research is running a TRE.

Here's a guide for the TPS, it's easy as pie aslong as you have the proper torx bit (PM me if you need any guidance): http://www.stromtrooper.com/510666-post2.html

Last edited:
PM. Sent

I just bought a 2002 DL1000 after reading great reviews and it's the roughest riding bike I've ever rode. It lurches and pops from 2000rpm up to 4500rpm. I've read up on this and apparently a power commander can be the fix. The bike has one but it must not be programmed properly.

What is a good shop to take the bike to that has the equipment and the know-how to get my power commander set up properly (and hopefully fix this problem). This bike is HORRIBLE right now

A friend of mine has a DL1000 and he had the same surging issues (apparently they all do) he tried everything over the years with no resolve. After building my motor a couple of years ago I had my PC tuned on the Dyno at Z1 and the difference was night and day so I convinced him to do the same and he's been smiling ever since.

Joe

Got the same bike and had the same issues.

PM me for ways to fix those probs without any aftermarket add ons.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom