Discount IP providers? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Discount IP providers?

Hawk

Ok so Ma Bell is robbing me blind and just either liars or stupid. Over charged me a huge amount, said they'd correct it and then didn't. Damn I had the conversation recorded but after a month thought it was fine so deleted the conversation. It's been back and forth eating up my daylight riding hours. I know this topic has been covered before but things do change.
One thing is I do NOT have cable into my house, it's to the wall outside with no box if that matters.
Any comments on any of these for up to date customer service and reliability. Thanks in advance
Carrytel
Comwave
Distributel
Tecksavy

I run company lines through voip.ms. No problems at all. I pay one cent per minute for the premium service. Calls sound like a land line. If it was a personal line, I probably wouldn't bother paying for premium. I should probably use a referral code, I have sent many people their way with no complaints.

As far as making something ring, it has a ton of options. I have it setup to ring ip phones wherever they are plugged in as well as cell phones (which obviously uses cell minutes if that matters to you). Voicemails show up as emails with a very small audio file attached so you can listen to the message without dialing in (and have a permanent record if that matters to you).

Non-referral link for ease of looking up prices.
Canada Rates

EDIT:
Are we talking phones or internet here? If we are talking internet, add another happy Teksavvy customer to the list.

Last edited:
Not germane to the issue but Bell Telephone is a communications company that is a total failure at communication. I'll leave it at that because the whole story would take hours of typing. Total idiocy.

I've had Teksavvy since I moved in to my currebt place, been over 4 years. The service has gotten better, prices have actually gone down, but outages are sporadic although far between (1 every 2 months or so) and some up to a day or 2. Overall I would recommend, I used to play videogames online so I paid for the upper tier, and it was very comparable if not better than what I had at the previous home with Rogers.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I am also a tekksavvy customer (cable). They are pretty good better then the red devil (rogers). For the most part it's pretty good, billing is always correct, none of this rogers funky billing "mistakes", but they had some weird DNS server issues when is rains hard. They do use rogers network though. I recently got a notice from them my monthly rate will be lower due to them fighting for better wholesale rates and they are passing it along to us. (y)

I have been with start.ca for a good while now with no issues. Reliability has been excellent.

Got an email from them that effective October 1, they are lowering my monthly internet rate by $15 to $70 and increasing my speed from 120/10 to 250/10.

I also read that their lower speed categories will eventually get some savings too but didn’t give a timeframe.

You can go on their website and type in your address to check availability and rate plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: J_F
another positive vote for start.ca
had been with Teksavvy prior, also good
start was a little less $
network owner for both was Cogeco Cable

also: no discernible P2P throttling with either
the biggies are terrible for this

Are you looking for IP (internet phone), or an ISP?

Comments above seem to be leaning towards suggestions for the latter, but your post said IP and some of your suggestions lean that way as well as a service they offer.

Ok so Ma Bell is robbing me blind and just either liars or stupid. Over charged me a huge amount, said they'd correct it and then didn't. Damn I had the conversation recorded but after a month thought it was fine so deleted the conversation. It's been back and forth eating up my daylight riding hours. I know this topic has been covered before but things do change.
One thing is I do NOT have cable into my house, it's to the wall outside with no box if that matters.
Any comments on any of these for up to date customer service and reliability. Thanks in advance
Carrytel
Comwave
Distributel
Tecksavy
I only had cable to the side of my house when I signed up with Fido. They send a tech out the next day and ran the cable into my house for free. When my under ground cable drop went bad, Fido had Rogers out the next day to run a temporary line for me. I gave up on DSL ISP resellers as they are at the mercy of Bell for repairs. Fido is owned by Rogers so the repais are quick.

Back
Top Bottom