Disappointed in triumph | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Disappointed in triumph

Why? Have you tried one?

The plastic Go Cruise is available in ⅞" or 1". Inexpensive and effective, though in my experience, they only last a year or two before breaking, and that's without constantly installing/uninstalling.

View attachment 45972

The adjustable aluminum version, at about twice the price, is the better choice. There's nothing finicky about it; as Ron Popeil might say "Set it and forget it!"

View attachment 45973
I have both, I find the aluminum thumbscrew version loses up over time, it needs tightening every few thousand km. My nylon version is 6 seasons old and still works like a charm.

I also find the nylon has a smoother glide making it easier to set.

I think the beef is that cruise should be a fairly cheap addition on a bike designed for touring, and would be much more useful than a ton of different riding modes.

That said, I'm pretty sure it's not such a cheap addition, as every other bike that has it also has some form of IMU or sensors. The FZ/MT-10 may not have the full IMU of the R1, for example, but it measures suspension travel and other feedback. Cruise is only a cheap add if the hardware is already there to support it.

The new 850 is supposedly ride-by-wire, so I'm sure these guys will have something out sooner than later:

MC Cruise - Triumph

(As an aside, I could never get that cheap plastic throttle lock to work on my bikes. Maybe sportbike return springs are stronger, but it would just slowly let go, defeating the purpose. I never did try anything more robust, but I'd be uncomfortable with anything *too* robust, as I would want the throttle to close without needing much attention in a bad situation.)
Did you install the rubber band around the throttle? They work without the band, but exhibit the slip you mention.

It just keeps creeping higher and higher on my list.

I'm just curious, how do you find the seat height (sorry for the thread hijack). I'm only 5' 8" and have a 31" inside seam.
I'm roughly 6 foot with only a 31" inseam, I'm tippy toe both sides. The stock seat sucks, I just bought a Seat Concepts comfort low. I need the comfort part as I do a lot of longer days. I "can" do without the 7/8" lower seat but I wanted it for a little more reach offroad. I'm not as strong as I used to be and a foot down is better than a toe when needed lol.
Also the "low" version is 10" wide, the "standard" height flares out to 13.5" wide. It looks goofy, and will bother me when riding standing up.
The first pic is the low seat, second is the standard seat with the goofy rear comfort seat as well. If you're anywhere near Barrie, you'd be welcome to check it out sometime.
f3137c290ab5762aa795185a932413ee.jpg
50a6d41b41c3e102c69ce91c7f511d7a.jpg

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

Did you install the rubber band around the throttle? They work without the band, but exhibit the slip you mention.
I did. It was on a 2007 ZX-10R, which has a fairly stiff throttle return spring, so I suspect that was the issue. My Tuono is much lighter, but it doesn't have a cable...

As an aside, I could never get that cheap plastic throttle lock to work on my bikes. Maybe sportbike return springs are stronger, but it would just slowly let go, defeating the purpose.

Yep, my experience is the same, but I never expected anything more. They will not hold for extended periods. They're useful for very short durations, say if you want to stretch your hand for a moment, scratch your ass, whatever.

No cruise control, no heated grips - wah, wah !
Why when I was your age we had to kickstart our bikes just to get us to and from school.
It was uphill both ways into the wind and did we complain ? NO !!!
Now get off my lawn... ;) ;) ;)

You are like those old dinosaurs born in the 1950's and 1960's who say they used to walk 3 miles to school under snow at age 9, and would get slapped in the face by cops or teachers and wouldn't complain or report it, well guess what, they are retarded and so were their parents. That doesn't mean that we younger generation have to put up with it.

OP, just like Jaguar and any other product made by the Brits, Triumph is a niche product where you pay a lot for a worthless, unreliable product just to say "I'm different and high class". Just buy Japanese and you will be fine. If you are complaining about a niche product then you are not the person that you should own one. Look at the happy lot iPhone users are, happy to overpay for a restricted phone with no freedoms. That's Triumph owners for you.

Just think its ridiculous that a bike purpose built and marketed as a long distance bike, a european and expensive one, doesnt come with cruise control

If its about enticing new riders into triumph, and wanting to still make a higher profit, why not just keep it as an added optional extra? Or some sort of premium package as they and other premium european brands have done?

You can buy the base model, and if you want cruise control, just fork over some more cash and get it.

Win win.

You are like those old dinosaurs born in the 1950's and 1960's who say they used to walk 3 miles to school under snow at age 9, and would get slapped in the face by cops or teachers and wouldn't complain or report it, well guess what, they are retarded and so were their parents. That doesn't mean that we younger generation have to put up with it.

OP, just like Jaguar and any other product made by the Brits, Triumph is a niche product where you pay a lot for a worthless, unreliable product just to say "I'm different and high class". Just buy Japanese and you will be fine. If you are complaining about a niche product then you are not the person that you should own one. Look at the happy lot iPhone users are, happy to overpay for a restricted phone with no freedoms. That's Triumph owners for you.

I don't even know where to start with this. What a peculiar comment. Triumph is one of the largest manufacturers of larger displacement bikes in the world, hardly niche. And since their rebirth, they've gone out of their way to make some of the most reliable bikes ever made. And there is no cheaper Japanese option for a tourable bike with cruise. And the iPhone is the most profitable consumer device in history, again, the opposite of niche. And if iPhone owners are happy, what's the problem? (for the record, I use Android, but still..) Since when is Triumph restricting 'freedoms' that other manufacturers aren't? And this Triumph is cheaper or at least similarly priced to equivalent Japanese bikes.

I can't tell if this is trolling and I've just been caught, hook, line and sinker...

Attachments

• 1606073749244.png
    1606073749244.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 9

Spoken as one who has owned a Triumph.

Oh wait a second, you've never owned a Triumph, or any Euro bike, so you actually wouldn't have any idea what you're talking about.

Braindead and truly without a clue.

Reactions: TK4

OP, just like Jaguar and any other product made by the Brits, Triumph is a niche product where you pay a lot for ...
You got a few things right and a few wrong.

The dinosaurs you speak of did walk to school, they didn’t get there in the back seat of their mommy’s SUV. They did get face slapped by cops and teachers, that’s what helped them learn right and wrong - maybe why so few of them get Covid infected compared to the Gen that followed. That didn’t make them retarded — and while fewer of them were branded retards, fewer became social dependents, and most did a lot better for themselves than the gen that followed - they don’t spend a lot of useless time whining about

You might be right about most European automotive products and IPhones.

• Haha
Reactions: TK4
"Triumph is a niche product where you pay a lot for a worthless, unreliable product just to say "I'm different and high class".

For the record, I don't own a Triumph but my experience and observations suggest their products are as god as if not better than anyone else's.
Also for the record, my post was meant as a joke which you obviously didn't see the humour in. Too bad.

I don't even know where to start with this. What a peculiar comment. Triumph is one of the largest manufacturers of larger displacement bikes in the world, hardly niche. And since their rebirth, they've gone out of their way to make some of the most reliable bikes ever made. And there is no cheaper Japanese option for a tourable bike with cruise. And the iPhone is the most profitable consumer device in history, again, the opposite of niche. And if iPhone owners are happy, what's the problem? (for the record, I use Android, but still..) Since when is Triumph restricting 'freedoms' that other manufacturers aren't? And this Triumph is cheaper or at least similarly priced to equivalent Japanese bikes.

I can't tell if this is trolling and I've just been caught, hook, line and sinker...
Hmmm I just went to Google to see some reviews of Triumph bikes, couldn't find a 1-star bad review, just 4 and 5-stars. But these people are Triumph fans so take it with a gran of salt.

Don't get me wrong, I love the way Triumph bikes look. They look awesome, but I disagree with you that they are not a niche market or that they are mass produced for the masses. 90% of the world's motorcycle riders are not European or North American and they certainly are not lining up to buy $20,000+ Triumph motorcycles.

Back
Top Bottom