Did ninja 300 appreciate in value or something according to insurance? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Did ninja 300 appreciate in value or something according to insurance?

Danny57

Basically I got my insurance renew form in the mail. I notice the value of my 2015 ninja was quoted as 5669.00
I got it in 2019 for 2800. The insurance went by the book and quote the bike value as 3503. Then in 2020 the bike was quote as value for 2600. Then all of sudden my bike got quoted for 5669.
The difference in my premium is less then 40 bux for the year. But was wondering why the big jump in insurance quote value of a normal ninja 300

I bet if you ask them, they will tell you they are doing you a favour :LOL:

Lol. Maybe I tell them I do them a favour. If u think my bike worth $5669.00. I sell it do them for a grand less. And use the $4669 to buy the same type of bike and new gear

Basically I got my insurance renew form in the mail. I notice the value of my 2015 ninja was quoted as 5669.00
I got it in 2019 for 2800. The insurance went by the book and quote the bike value as 3503. Then in 2020 the bike was quote as value for 2600. Then all of sudden my bike got quoted for 5669.
The difference in my premium is less then 40 bux for the year. But was wondering why the big jump in insurance quote value of a normal ninja 300
There is no book value for motorcycles?

They pull that kinda **** all the time.

:LOL: there is an industry blue book for absolutely everything if you want to buy one, they are all full of ****

And we must be talking about collision insurance or comprehensive or theft or specified perils or ....

:LOL: they don't just sell you motorcycle insurance they qualify every possible bad thing that could happen and sell you a package of **** for each of them.

Sounds like your insurance company is trying to be sneaky (what a surprise). $40 increase this year, $40 more next year etc, and they will spin that excuse as something. Glad you looked at it and didn't just suck up the increase.

What ever happened to the longer you have insurance it would go down in cost. They really have drastically moved away from that.

From where to where?

The guy formerly known as Mladin.
From echelon to td. But to be fair, I gotten married and bought a condo. Got discount from doing a bundle with house car and motorcycle insurance. Plus td offer a discount for university of Toronto alumni, which my wife is. Should have done it last year, but was though it was too much of a hassle, and though I wouldn’t save much. Then this random increase motivate me into looking into it

From echelon to td. But to be fair, I gotten married and bought a condo. Got discount from doing a bundle with house car and motorcycle insurance. Plus td offer a discount for university of Toronto alumni, which my wife is. Should have done it last year, but was though it was too much of a hassle, and though I wouldn’t save much. Then this random increase motivate me into looking into it
TD seem to be the most competitive...they seem to be tracking their competitors closely and undercutting them.

The guy formerly known as Mladin.

Insurance premiums seem to have the habit of slowly increasing year over year. It’s a good idea to shop around periodically.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
That's why you deal through a broker (once you have multiple policies)
his job is to keep your rates in line with reality and he is the guy you call when heaven forbid you need to make a report.

You go with TD if you are an employee of TD.

... I might be wrong, I only been dealing with this **** as a motorcycle customer since 1971 :unsure:

Insurance premiums seem to have the habit of slowly increasing year over year. It’s a good idea to shop around periodically.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
$200 increase over the last few years for me.
Which is a lot, considering the whole policy costs me $550.

It might be time to check out a broker like Trials suggested.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

It used to be that loyalty to a company was beneficial. That is no longer the case.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Maybe the insurance companies are basing the values on what people are asking for them on Kijiji? ??‍♂️

That's why you deal through a broker (once you have multiple policies)
his job is to keep your rates in line with reality and he is the guy you call when heaven forbid you need to make a report.

You go with TD if you are an employee of TD.

... I might be wrong, I only been dealing with this **** as a motorcycle customer since 1971 :unsure:
Td is has always been much cheaper than any broker can provide for me. Maybe because there is one less profit layer no broker to cut a cheque to.

Sent from my couch using my thumbs

Same thing happened on my CB300FA this year. Probably won't figure out why cuz I'm switching before this new policy starts.

Is it Echelon by any chance? edit: yes it was

Maybe the insurance companies are basing the values on what people are asking for them on Kijiji? ??‍♂️
:unsure: You figure the cost of your vehicle is the reason your motorcycle insurance rates are astronomically high? Nope, the hardware component value is almost insignificant in the realm of motorcycle insurance, we are paying the big bucks to finance the carbon based life forms.

Back
Top Bottom