Declined insurance after one year... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Declined insurance after one year...

I have my VFR800 with Echelon. Granted it's a bit old though. It's not an SS but all insurance companies I've dealt with classify it under a Sport Bike.
Yeah, i was told by my broker that most sport bikes over X cc aren't insured by them. The more i see people being insured with them the more 'sporty' bikes i find they are insuring! :ROFLMAO:

I have my VFR800 with Echelon. Granted it's a bit old though. It's not an SS but all insurance companies I've dealt with classify it under a Sport Bike.
My vfr800 is with echelon as well, the agent told me that they consider it a "sport touring" bike. Then he chuckled and told me about the time he rode one.

My vfr800 is with echelon as well, the agent told me that they consider it a "sport touring" bike. Then he chuckled and told me about the time he rode one.
off topic: do you own a current gen?

20190428-125514.jpg

Anyone else get something similar? Or just me?
Was paying over $1000 for DL650.

Everyones going on about Echolon so I decided to call today and get quotes on my 2 bikes Im paying $1500 for both now and get ready for this with Echolon they quoted me a wopping -- $3500.. !!!! WOW.

Everyones going on about Echolon so I decided to call today and get quotes on my 2 bikes Im paying $1500 for both now and get ready for this with Echolon they quoted me a wopping -- $3500.. !!!! WOW.
Yeah they quoted me something insane

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

$40 :devilish:

What bikes out of curiosity?

Just a FYI, CTV news at 6 on Monday May 6, will have a little news blip about canceled insurance after 1 year.
Not sure of the content, but maybe of interest to some.

I was with Aviva, renewed back in Jan and licensed under 6 years never received the letter but switched to Echolon for cheaper rate .

1500 for both bikes 50+ riding 4 years only with an M2
Ah okay, for both!

Echelon quote seems very odd, you spoke to a broker?

I just had Echelon quoted, they were pretty good:

TD came to the rescue. Offered an amazing deal beating out every insurance broker and company mentioned.
Can you let us know the details. I want a quote with TD but to get one I have to mail a form out and wait several weeks, just to get a quote!

Can you let us know the details. I want a quote with TD but to get one I have to mail a form out and wait several weeks, just to get a quote!
TD will quote you over the phone, should take about 10 minutes. They are open Monday at 8am, call 866-361-2311

Ah okay, for both!

Echelon quote seems very odd, you spoke to a broker?

thats what I thought too. I spoke with a broker and told them how they were mentioned here on this site regarding BETTER RATES than others. I was blown away with the quote. They told me to try Riders Choice. Hey I thought my rates were crazy high but I guess there good.

thats what I thought too. I spoke with a broker and told them how they were mentioned here on this site regarding BETTER RATES than others. I was blown away with the quote. They told me to try Riders Choice. Hey I thought my rates were crazy high but I guess there good.
Did you call TD directly? My rates with them are a bit higher than what Echelon quoted me, but not enough to switch. TD is a direct writer, if you got an outrageous quote thru a broker, that broker might be working the best deal for him -- not you. Call TD direct.

Back
Top Bottom