Declined insurance after one year... | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Declined insurance after one year...

Did you call TD directly? My rates with them are a bit higher than what Echelon quoted me, but not enough to switch. TD is a direct writer, if you got an outrageous quote thru a broker, that broker might be working the best deal for him -- not you. Call TD direct.
I got quoted $846 for the year with an M2 and 650 suzuki touring bike. Everywhere else was between $1500-$2300. It might be because my wife has a car and house insurance aswell with them.

When you guys post the awesome deals/rates you find... Are we sure you're comparing apples to apples..?
The difference in price is only meaningful if the policies have the exact same coverage.

thats what I thought too. I spoke with a broker and told them how they were mentioned here on this site regarding BETTER RATES than others. I was blown away with the quote. They told me to try Riders Choice. Hey I thought my rates were crazy high but I guess there good.
Try Mitchell and Whale brokers if you haven't. They work with Echelon among others, be interested to see if they come back with the same quote.

I got quoted $846 for the year with an M2 and 650 suzuki touring bike. Everywhere else was between $1500-$2300. It might be because my wife has a car and house insurance aswell with them.
Yes you can get a discount for multiple people in the household under the same insurer.

New rider? That's when TD usually asks for a form.
Yes, they ****** me off, wasted all that time on the phone for the lady to tell me they would be mailing me out a form and for me to send it back or something to that effect. Same thing with their website.

When you guys post the awesome deals/rates you find... Are we sure you're comparing apples to apples..?
The difference in price is only meaningful if the policies have the exact same coverage.
What are you talking about? We all have the same coverage, there's no such thing as choosing a 200k or a 100k policy, they all have to be $2M in Ontario.

What are you talking about? We all have the same coverage, there's no such thing as choosing a 200k or a 100k policy, they all have to be $2M in Ontario.
Want to bet?

Another nugget of wisdom there Peggy. smh.

IIRC, you can buy a 200K policy, but very few do as the jump to 1M is trivial (and everytime someone gets hurt, you will probably blow past 200K).

Another nugget of wisdom there Peggy. smh.

IIRC, you can buy a 200K policy, but very few do as the jump to 1M is trivial (and everytime someone gets hurt, you will probably blow past 200K).
I thought s/he was being facetious

I thought s/he was being facetious
It's hard to tell with Peggy. They have started some of the worst/best threads on GTAM. Almost every post, you aren't sure whether it is serious or whether the sarcasm isn't carrying through the text.

I was told over the phone today the legal minimum in ON is $1 million. Not true? I guess they just don't offer 200k. Would not do that anyway to be honest, not enough.

Yeah, uh. No. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, further to my last post here my wife got wind of a corporate deal through work and we got some quotes today to move everything under one policy through CoOperators, underwritten by Coseco.

- My bike goes back down to less than it was with Aviva before they jacked me this year - $481 from $780.

- My wife's bike goes down to $771 from the $1300 she's paying through Echelon now. When she upgraded to the 1100 from the 650 last year Aviva refused to underwrite her anymore because of the CC's so she had to eat the higher cost through Echelon instead.

Our cars go down fairly significantly:

- BelAir is charging us $1707 for our new Ioniq and they quoted $1110.

- My Volt is currently costing $975 and they quoted $883.

The only negative is the house insurance is about $300/year more vs Belair. I may see if we can not switch that - the cars alone should be OK, I don't think the house bundling was required.

BelAir has been good to us..and we've been with them for 20+ years, but they refuse to insurance MC's and their car rates seem to be getting pretty high as well. The only thing that's been keeping me with them is their accident forgiveness program, but the agent said that they can give us the same from day zero, so it's a no loss proposition anymore.

Almost every post, you aren't sure whether it is serious or whether the sarcasm isn't carrying through the text

With Inreb you could at least tell when the sarcasm was fully intended (however sneaky it may have been intended) once you got to know him.

But I think you're giving Peggy too much credit for suggesting things are on that same level. He just talks about a lot of things he has no clue about, the end.

Try Mitchell and Whale brokers if you haven't. They work with Echelon among others, be interested to see if they come back with the same quote.
I tried M&W and Dalton Timmins. M&W was way above my rates at TD, DT was a little bit lower than TD, and about 25% lower than M&W. When I spoke to the reps, the DT folks seemed a lot more experienced... felt like they were working for me, the M&W gal seemed like she was looking for the highest rate of commission.

I tried M&W and Dalton Timmins. M&W was way above my rates at TD, DT was a little bit lower than TD, and about 25% lower than M&W. When I spoke to the reps, the DT folks seemed a lot more experienced... felt like they were working for me, the M&W gal seemed like she was looking for the highest rate of commission.
I think it depends on the rep you're dealing with. I've had horrible experiences with some DT reps. Basically, had no idea what they were talking about and gave me incorrect quotes. Recently dealt with a different rep however, and had a fantastic experience.

At M&W, the brokers who have worked there long are pretty great. I always recommend them over DT.

They've been expanding pretty fast, probably lots of new blood.

Last edited:

What am "I" talking about.... Lol
You think the only difference in coverage has to do with gov't mandated liability minimums...?
Do you read your ins. policy or just take the one thats cheapest and gets you a pink slip?

Who sat me at the kids table...?

Back
Top Bottom