Dear Yamaha... | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dear Yamaha...

$3900.00 = maybe.

While I agree with you (mostly), and I also wish this bike was priced at $3,900, the bottom line is that motorcycle prices are out of control.

For $3,900 the Yamaha dealer will be happy to sell you a 125cc scooter (BWS 125).
It is not a bad machine. If all you want to spend is $3.9k, a BWS fits the bill.

A big scooter (250cc and larger) can be expensive, with a msrp of $7,500 or more (Vespa GTV with 280cc).

Now, do you want to ride a scooter instead of an SR400 ? Probably not. I do, but Canadians do not have any love for scooters.

So price the SR400 at $6,600 canadian and call it a day. They will sell many.

Happy to have anything that stimulate middle displacement standard machines. It's not intended to be a highway cruiser. More of a urban run about.

Just looking for a nice 4 cyl inline 400 or 500 cc standard and is easy on the eyes and pocket book.

The market is very right for this product right now, Enfield has the Continental GT, kick start and café style, Moto guzzi has the V7, Honda with the CB rebirth. Riders in North America is an ageing demographic with insurance on the moon. Capture some of that market while it lasts, best part is the curve from design board to product means just going through old filing cabinets, nobody cares about cross plane technology on a retro bike.

But most North Americans sort of compare the bikes with recent technology (like cross plane crank) take its price and ask why should I buy this for x amount of dollars .... like someone comparing CBR250, Ninja300 with SR400 just released .... it's just a wrong thing to do and until that changes, you will not see these type of bikes offered at all or for a long time, because they won't sell enough units to bother import them. The North American bike market is just one of the weirdest things out there ...

Just looking for a nice 4 cyl inline 400 or 500 cc standard and is easy on the eyes and pocket book.

It will never happen. You will never see again inline 4cyl with lower than 600cc .... because it would never be easy on the pocket book, you'd be paying 600cc price for 400cc bike ... who would do that?

Apparently this is not counterbalanced. I am surprised by that. My TU250X is counterbalanced.

It's been a long winter.......let me dream on a little longer dream crusher!!!! lol

It will never happen. You will never see again inline 4cyl with lower than 600cc .... because it would never be easy on the pocket book, you'd be paying 600cc price for 400cc bike ... who would do that?

I fear you are correct, 400/4 would be just expensive, 350/4 and what ever else would just cost the same as a 600/750 to build. Incarnations of twins will be the order of the day. It would probably be an odd duck like Hyosung or somebody that would take a look at stepping into a market that might think like that, if a 4cyl ran like their 2cyl it would just grenade 2x's faster.

It's been a long winter.......let me dream on a little longer dream crusher!!!! lol

Pls keep having your dreams, nothing bad about it, don't let me stop you ... I have them all the time about things I know I will never have for reasons ...LOL

Call me crazy but I think the kick only starter will turn off a lot of women.

It doesn't really matter. The ones that know what they like already know. The ones that don't will just take whatever their SO tells them is the bee's knees.

The kicker could be a fly in the ointment for some, hard to say. You would think that bike weight, seat height and cost would be bigger factors overall. Even in the land of March blizzards, riders still embrace the absurd equation of motorcycles: risky+expensive+impractical=awesome. To kick or not to kick past that point is probably less chick/dude based than we think.

Also, Yamaha USA's fumbling SR400 promo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMtyUX7BKn8

That narrator and script do more damage to the brand than all the negative nellies in this thread! In conclusion, I still like.

I know from experience that plenty of girls love this style of bike. Whenever I rode my old Honda, chicks would be drawn to it flies to a shithouse. It's also in my experience that girls have a hard time with a kickstarter, and it's not due to lack of skill, it's a lack of mass. They just don't weigh enough.

Well, let's face it and say that we all really, really, really want one.

It is just that only a few will be willing to pay $6k ++ for it.

I'm liking Yamaha more and more. Can't way for their new bikes that are coming out soon (at least that is the rumour), both based on the FZ-09, the sport touring FJ-09 and a faired version of the FZ-09.

I know from experience that plenty of girls love this style of bike. Whenever I rode my old Honda, chicks would be drawn to it flies to a shithouse. It's also in my experience that girls have a hard time with a kickstarter, and it's not due to lack of skill, it's a lack of mass. They just don't weigh enough.

Cant wait to see the first girl with one, nice bike honey, glad your fat enough to kick that biatch over.

Back
Top Bottom