Dealership Won't Give Motorcycle Even After Paying In Full | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dealership Won't Give Motorcycle Even After Paying In Full

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is still a few holes in this story.

This.

My vote is still on the fact his friend is BS'ing him about having paid cash for the Spyder and it's actually financed, even perhaps partially. That right there dictates that they dealership MUST see proof of full coverage insurance before it can leave the lot.

If that's not the case and this is just some sort of misunderstand about the process of releasing a Fit/Unplated vehicle to the buyer perfectly legally, I'm baffled why the buyer hasn't just gone and had a polite little sit dow with a manager to clarify any confusion and get the facts across, and then completed the transaction and hauled his bike away. This is simple grown-up stuff, it's not hard.

But despite all this apparent frustration and confusion...he now wants to spend even MORE money there?

Holes in the story, indeed.

Guys. You are being trolled so bad.

+1

This is a nonsense thread, most likely all made up or at least 50% BS and misdirection. Spectacular day, I think I'll go for a ride.

This.

My vote is still on the fact his friend is BS'ing him about having paid cash for the Spyder and it's actually financed, even perhaps partially. That right there dictates that they dealership MUST see proof of full coverage insurance before it can leave the lot.

If that's not the case and this is just some sort of misunderstand about the process of releasing a Fit/Unplated vehicle to the buyer perfectly legally, I'm baffled why the buyer hasn't just gone and had a polite little sit dow with a manager to clarify any confusion and get the facts across, and then completed the transaction and hauled his bike away. This is simple grown-up stuff, it's not hard.

But despite all this apparent frustration and confusion...he now wants to spend even MORE money there?

Holes in the story, indeed.

I have never paid up front for a new vehicle before receiving it. Financing and everything has been arranged and approved before hand but nothing was actually paid till I picked up my bike/car.

If the vehicle is financed it has to be insured or the financing will not go through. The insurance is the finance companies protection as well.

After my first year of ownership I was late paying for insurance for the next year. It renewed in February and just slipped my mind. Got a warning from BMW finance about this. Do not remember the details but basically part of the agreement of your financing is you will have insurance. No insurance you have broken the contract.

Guys. You are being trolled so bad. This is like an Andy Kaufman gag. Enter.... Tony Clifton. Ba dum sssss.

Dude let me get the exact dealership name and phone number this afternoon from my friend, I will send it privately to you, and then you call them and ask them yourself if this a bullsh*t story. A deal? I will privately message you the info, then YOU can post here what was the outome of YOUR conversationg with the dealership. Ask them if you need M2 and insurance to take away a bike from there, if they say yes, then direct them to this thread and I will confront them why they are witholding my friend's new bike.

OP's friend needs to grow a set, rent a trailer and go pick up his lawfully purchased property.
This BS about not releasing the bike until the dealership is satisfied he's licensed to their satisfaction is nonsense.
There is no regulation that supports their position.
Personally... if a dealer tried to pulled that crap on me I'd be getting my $ back and going elsewhere immediately.

Cool story bro, but I recall buying
My first bike and riding away with it on my learner's permit...

Maybe its a new law to prevent hooligans from buying sports bikes and riding them dirty? New legislation? I have only bought motorcycles privately and used so I don't know but I wouldn't put up with this silliness. I did buy a used almost new Toyota car from a dealership and they plated the car for me and asked me for insurance and licence, but I never asked them if I could tow it out of the dealership.

Last edited:
story does not add up. you do not even need a license to buy a bike in cash. something does not add up. if the bike was payed in full it is now the property of the new owner and dealership has not a single reason to keep the bike. i work in the business. even if a custumer of mine payed for the bike in full and decides to ride home without plates he can do so if he wants. happens all the time. your friend or you are bs'ing.

A quick search lists a possible dealer:
Energy Powersports, 905.901.5500, 879 Cranberry Ct, Oakville, ON L6L 6J7

Trike!
If it was Bike it would have 2 wheels, you know like biweekly, bicycle, bisexual, bifocal = 2 things
It has three wheels that makes it a Trike as in triangle, tricycle, triplane = 3 things

if thats the dealer then the OP is full of sh*t. my buddy is a sales guy there i just asked him on their policy and hes like huh lol... "you can pay in cash for full amount and drive home with no plates if you want its not our liability anymore" and that dealer only sells can-am spyders. they dont even sell 2 wheeled bikes. so theres alot of holes to the OP story. i call bs.

Dude let me get the exact dealership name and phone number this afternoon from my friend, I will send it privately to you, and then you call them and ask them yourself if this a bullsh*t story. A deal? I will privately message you the info, then YOU can post here what was the outome of YOUR conversationg with the dealership. Ask them if you need M2 and insurance to take away a bike from there, if they say yes, then direct them to this thread and I will confront them why they are witholding my friend's new bike.

Maybe its a new law to prevent hooligans from buying sports bikes and riding them dirty? New legislation? I have only bought motorcycles privately and used so I don't know but I wouldn't put up with this silliness. I did buy a used almost new Toyota car from a dealership and they plated the car for me and asked me for insurance and licence, but I never asked them if I could tow it out of the dealership.
Thanks for the offer.I have a lot better things to do with my time.

if thats the dealer then the OP is full of sh*t. my buddy is a sales guy there i just asked him on their policy and hes like huh lol... "you can pay in cash for full amount and drive home with no plates if you want its not our liability anymore" and that dealer only sells can-am spyders. they dont even sell 2 wheeled bikes. so theres alot of holes to the OP story. i call bs.

Do us a favour and ask your buddy if there is a current transaction that fits the description of what's going on here, and fill us in on what the missing part of the story is. There can't be too many transactions that are bought and paid for, and in stock, but not yet delivered.

Okay now I know the exact name of the dealership, sent the PM to Wingboy. Called them buddy, google and call them up.

I bought an almost new Toyota MR2 from a dealership one time at "Wietzes Toyota" on Yonge, I was not allowed to take the car home even after paying in full. I was also asked for insurance policy and my licence. So the story is plausible, unless my friend is LYING to me that he can't take it home. I'll let Wingboy be a detective and he can argue with them on his own time, the PM has been sent.

***EDIT*** How the hell do you send a PM in this new layout? Where's the button for private messages??

Lol.THIS is my own time.All done.This thread is on my ignore list unless it gets reported again.

This thread is on my ignore list unless it gets reported again.

Again? For what?

Wow, someone must have very fragile feelings.

well, given there is only one CanAm dealer in Oakville, and if they are selling a machine and having 'issues' with the customer about the product leaving the store for WHATEVER reason , and I'm sure there is one, or the product would leave the store, they should love this thread.
Should make customer relations move way up the flagpole.
I miss retail the way you would miss a cold sore.

Probably hard to fit a Spyder into the back of a pickup truck, and may need a larger than normal trailer, hence I'm led to believe the third-party story related herein may not be as accurate as originally presented.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom