Dealer Mode for 2012 GSXR600 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dealer Mode for 2012 GSXR600

GSPLover

Site Supporter
Anyone know how to put a 2012 GSXR600 into dealer mode? I've found several videos showing how to do it for older bikes but not a newer one.
Did an air filter and spark plug change this spring and not only is the bike a bit louder but I've noticed that its using way to much gas. I was getting 220+ km's per tank before the fuel light came on, this spring I'm not getting to 200 before it comes on.
I've checked all the connections/hoses around the air box a few times and I cant see anything wrong.

It is the same, white plug under the seat White/Red & Black / White wire.

What filter did you put in ? how many kms on the bike ?

I put in a Suzuki stock filter. 19K and change. Humm I must be blind then... I was looking for the plug but didnt see it. I'll look again.

I put in a Suzuki stock filter. 19K and change. Humm I must be blind then... I was looking for the plug but didnt see it. I'll look again.

How many tanks of gas have you gone through ?

That's pretty low kms for that bike, stock filter (VERY GOOD!) should not cause any issues either.

Just filled up for the 2nd time this year. So 2.

Just filled up for the 2nd time this year. So 2.

Odd. Check the air box to make sure it sealed properly. It shouldn't be loosing that much fuel economy, its been warm for the last few days also.

PS: the plug is under the seat towards the throttle side if I remember correctly.....

I've opened and removed the air box 3 times now. I'm also careful to make sure it is closed correctly. Could tugging on the throttle cables that run along the side of the box while removing/replacing the box throw the TPS sensor out?

Put the bike into dealer mode. C00 comes up but the throttle position is at the bottom.

Hi Gary.... Yes I need to adjust it. Need to pick up a Torx T25 bit. Its supposed to be in the middle.

Hi Gary.... Yes I need to adjust it. Need to pick up a Torx T25 bit. Its supposed to be in the middle.

Suzi should have put one in every tool kit.
(that torx bit HAS to have a hole in the centre. If not - it won't work. Be sure to buy the proper one.)
If I were you, I'd be aiming for the top, or just as the hyphen gets there.
You may / may not open up a new set of problems with the middle setting.
YMMV.

Last edited:
What do you mean?

"You may / may not open up a new set of problems with the middle setting."

What do you mean?

"You may / may not open up a new set of problems with the middle setting."

There's a nasty point around the middle. The "herky jerky". Something you REALLY don't want.
Trust me - as soon as the hyphen passes through "middle" and hits "top" - immediately tighten 'er down.

For what it's worth I bought my 2013 new and my fuel light has always come on by 200 km. New plugs and what not this year and it's still the same. The one and only time I got more was slabbing the 401 to Montreal. :dontknow:

For what it's worth I bought my 2013 new and my fuel light has always come on by 200 km. New plugs and what not this year and it's still the same. The one and only time I got more was slabbing the 401 to Montreal. :dontknow:

Hummmm interesting....

Back
Top Bottom