Day trips 2019 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Day trips 2019

sburns

I thought it might be interesting to share where we are exploring or interesting rides. Instead of creating separate posts for each ride (like I have been doing) we can post in here.

I quite often go out for the entire day. Sometimes planned, other times just point and go. But always in the look out for something to see.

Recent day ride up to Port Carling.

Kinda inspired by the movie One Week.

9721a2deaef651fd2fdb153c11e5941c.jpg

cd8783360a085568cc504fbf2a24e23f.jpg

98a80a478ba52dca78b5bd3d72ea9f58.jpg

Sent from the Moon!

motorcyclewyoming.jpg

Ok, Ok...wasn't a day trip. ?

I went through all my photos and actually struggled to find any photos from day trips this year. I've been lucky to be able to do quite a few multi day trips this year (that photo being from one of them) to a lot of cool destinations, but any actual day trips...meh, nothing particularly memorable this year honestly - just the usual "go have lunch or coffee somewhere" type stuff.

I still gotta do a Barry's Bay trip. I want a picture of my Blackbird with the Avro Arrow.

So it’s 6:43am and I’m awake. In my garage sits an almost new Yamaha MT09, I have the keys the papers and permission. So I’m thinking day trip.
Let’s see if the nimble little girl can day trip. She’s a fun bike but seems to lack the comforts I have come to expect. I have no route planned but will post pics and possibly a bit of a review when I return.

So it’s 6:43am and I’m awake. In my garage sits an almost new Yamaha MT09, I have the keys the papers and permission. So I’m thinking day trip.
Let’s see if the nimble little girl can day trip. She’s a fun bike but seems to lack the comforts I have come to expect. I have no route planned but will post pics and possibly a bit of a review when I return.
Did you get another bike? I thought you had a KTM?

Long story short.
A very good friend bought a project car to go with his other project car, and needed storage for his 2019 Yamaha MT 09.
I wanted to ride it on a longish ride to compare it to my 1190 Adventure

Visited the Old TTC Streetcar in Haliburton this weekend.
Nice, I forgot that was up there. I will have to make another trip to check it out. Haven't seen it in years. The scout camp is at the end of one of those roads.

Hmmm, old streetcar looks cool - gotta Google that one, would make a nice destination idea for a day trip indeed.

Interesting. Is Kennaway Rd paved or dirt?

Long story short.
A very good friend bought a project car to go with his other project car, and needed storage for his 2019 Yamaha MT 09.
I wanted to ride it on a longish ride to compare it to my 1190 Adventure
SO how comfortable was it for a long ride? I'm looking at one (or the XSR version) and heard the seat is mediocre.

SO how comfortable was it for a long ride? I'm looking at one (or the XSR version) and heard the seat is mediocre.

Ryan bought the Yamaha comfort seat within weeks of getting the bike.
So no the factory seat was awful. The comfort seat is fine for a 300km tour.
But that can be a very personal thing. I rode my Ktm 1190 adventure over 500km the next day.
My biggest complaint about the MT09 was lack of storage.

Took a run up to Kearny yesterday.

Pit stop at Jackson Point after the photo tag
13f2e2a321fe432ee771816a8868226b.jpg

If you went to school in Scarborough you know this place Camp Kearney
b87a1fe05f9ae72b3499ef855a4cab92.jpg

Around town
ca82b6e95a7b4cf4b13691a47ec2811f.jpg

5dbf3911d2ded11ad5bec54eee590d39.jpg

Sent from the Moon!

Back
Top Bottom