Darn | GTAMotorcycle.com

Darn

Interesting. Personally, I would remove most of your post and just leave a location, date and time.

Last edited:
OooooOOOOOoooohhhh mysterious topics!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

It was your fault (edit: my unprofessional opinion which doesn't count around here or anywhere else). At this point you should sit down and have a serious think session on whether or not the responsibility of riding is for you.

If after much thought it is, then you should get yourself out to a safe area like an empty shopping mall where you can practice. Then move to quiet streets and so on.

Edit: You might also consider going to the reporting station.

Last edited:
You better hope the other driver doesn't report the incident. Leaving the scene of any accident no matter how small is a criminal offence in ON. It's as severe as impaired driving when it comes to consequences. They are often all of the following:

1) IM1/2 riders lose all driving privileges (car and bike) for 30 days
2) Min fine is $400 AND 7 demerit points
3) Criminal record
4) 1 year driving prohibition with no fast track.

I'd delete your post altogether, check with a lawyer (most will give you free advice on this).

Well the upside is if he were to go to a collision reporting center within 24 hours, I would be shocked if he caught a charge for hit and run. Maybe failure to yield or something for the bump, but even that would surprise me (especially if the other driver didn't report).

Lesson to all. If a bike and a car touch, stop, take information and talk it out and hopefully you can keep the fuzz out of the loop.

Further to Mikes suggestion, the lawyer can tell you whether to bring up the video. My feeling is don't mention it, but I am not a lawyer. If I needed to pull it out as a defense at trial, I would present it appropriately then.

Caught some good advice offline. We went over the footage a few times. She went into my lane when we were both braking. I Swerved. Contact was incidental. Made more of it than necessary for this debate, I think.

Edit - video and a second & third pair of eyes have better objectivity than my pain-rattled, adrenaline-fueled memory.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom