Dangers of ebikes(fortnine) | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dangers of ebikes(fortnine)

I worked at the ReStore in London and one customer would regularly show up with a e-trike hauling a small trailer. The trike was decked out with like a car with a roof, windsheild, tune - the full deal. I doubt that the complete rig was 120kkg. No license no insurance.

I don't think ebikes are the problem, cylcists can be just as bad. Lately I've just seen a complete disregard for rules. People run through intersections without even looking, going against the traffic on the sidewalk. You're just asking to be hit. Ya the damage will be more if you're on a bigger vehicle, but I think there's a deeper problem here.

I wonder if people are just in too much of a hurry to get their next ubereats job, or covid has reduced traffic enough for people not to care.

I will say I do support licensing for powered 2 wheel vehicles you can't pedal. It's basically a LSM.

Heck, pedestrians have gotten bad. I was taught to look both ways before crossing the road. That doesn't happen any more. People step off the sidewalk with impunity, and frequently with their nose buried in their phone, knowing that the car driver will always be held responsible for the collision.

Heck, pedestrians have gotten bad. I was taught to look both ways before crossing the road. That doesn't happen any more. People step off the sidewalk with impunity, and frequently with their nose buried in their phone, knowing that the car driver will always be held responsible for the collision.
We have Nannie stuff to help us on two wheels. Maybe pedestrians need an app.

We have Nannie stuff to help us on two wheels. Maybe pedestrians need an app.

Probably all the 'car is always at fault' laws
and lawsuits

That kind of pedestrian behavior is nonexistent in asia, there its plain ol darwinsim at play

wonder if someone should point out that won't help them much if they don't survive the hit.

wonder if someone should point out that won't help them much if they don't survive the hit.
It's the modern version of natural selection. If you are unable to pay attention to the world around you and identify risks, your genes get taken out of the pool.

Back
Top Bottom