Dangerous Driving - CBC Marketplace | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dangerous Driving - CBC Marketplace

This crap of not pursuing needs to stop. All it does is breed this exact nonsense - I'll just run and get away with it. Yes, sometimes high speed chases end in accidents, but as someone who spends all day on the road and actually sees this nonsense, it burns my ass.

Agreed. And if they do end up killing someone, then the penalties are pretty lenient. There's nowhere near enough of a deterrent to stop it from happening. It's a joke tbh.

I'm that guy that annoys the f@!k out of people in residential zones that does EXACTLY 40kph or less and makes FULL STOPS at every stop sign. I could never live with myself if I hurt or killed someone. I don't understand why everyone doesn't share this sentiment. My neighbourhood is a fooking race track. People are always driving at excessive speeds and to top it off there are elevation changes and blind corners.

Neighbours have lobbied the police and the response is a joke. They will put out a speed sign so people can see they are speeding but they won't send a unit to ticket speeders. The police could make their annual budget in a month if they put a unit in the neighbourhood. I'm sure the same could be said for every neighbourhood.

It angers me to no end that people shirk the safety of others and have no regard. I'm sure many that will read this will think I'm the crazy one. I don't care what you think but I do hope it's not your kid that gets killed when a speeding driver ignores their right to safely cross the street to pick up the ball they were playing with while making memories. And I sure hope it's not you that kills that kid.

The upside to the proliferation of photo radar is soon we should have sufficient coverage that they will have pics of every car (and license plate).that drives on a surface street. Either the idiots have to run fake plates (with the proliferation of alpr, that's not a great idea) or report their car stolen after a chase (again not a great idea).

Back
Top Bottom