Dacre Challenge - 750km's Offroad - One Day!!! June 22-24 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dacre Challenge - 750km's Offroad - One Day!!! June 22-24

tech2012.jpg

So they have to be street legal blue plated machines?

Correct. Blue plated bikes. The route covers country roads in addition to ATV trails, fire access roads, singletrack, ect...

This looks insanely fun. My buddy and I are doing the Rallyconnex group ride in October, but we didn't think we were ready for Dacre yet. Nothing you guys did in the video looked too extreme though, but I'm sure 750km of it would be rough.

I would of loved to do this. I originally planned on doing it when I had a drz400 but my team fell through. Oh well there's always 2014 I suppose. I considered buying a wr250r to do this race with.

Well, after all was said and done, team DSP UBER/MANTON/WATERS finished in 5th. We achieved 100% waypoint accuracy
Departed at 4:01am - finished at ~9pm. ~750km's.

I believe we were holding onto 2nd place once we pulled into Kinmount for lunch. Alas, the fatigue caught up with us + we had two heavy bikes (KLR 650 + KTM 640 ADV) that slowed us down substantially in the hydro line sections. The winning crew were devastatingly fast and had the talent depth (across all three riders) to pull it off, hat's off to them!

Honorable mention goes out to Flanny + Dr. Dan (who technically finished 1st but were DQ'd because the rules state that the whole team must finish). Most impressive was Dan's push to the finish with a broken wrist. The terrain was unforgiving and to ride it with two good hands was tumultuous; never-mind with a broken wrist.

I can't state how much effort goes into this event, Rally Connex make the impossible - possible!! The GPS datum alone was brilliant and challenging. Add in the 110kph speed limit + navigating extreme terrain (insane at times!!) - it's satisfying just to finish!!!!

Also want to thank Les and Catherine from DualSport Plus - their support going into this event and during was much appreciated. They're truly one-of-a-kind people! Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom