cycle world Toronto | GTAMotorcycle.com

cycle world Toronto

hamiltonrider

hey everyone,
Here was my experience today in Toronto...

I called ahead to ask how many used sport bikes Cycle World had... there response "over 180 used bikes in our show room"
Naturally excited I (and my close friend also looking for a used motorcycle) decided to take an hour and a half ride to Toronto.
Upon entering the store, I was very very pleased... noticing several 600cc bikes in the front window and piles of gear (fair priced jackets and accessories)
After being directed to the “show room” to speak with their sales man Jim, my (and friend) moods changed.
We stated we were looking for some quality used 600c.c sport bikes and inquired about a possible discount for buying 3 bikes in 1 sale cash... Jims response “I sold 11 bikes last Saturday”
Ignoring the rudeness and poor sales techniques I decided to inquire about a kawi 650 and ask a simple question about it. Jim then responded with another rude response “you should decide what you want to buy, because April 1st my prices will be going up 25% and if you see something you like today, chances are it won’t be here tomorrow”...wellll that did dent answer my question at all!!!

Long story short we decided to walk out and not look at anything else within this shop and we have decided that we will not return!

On the way home my friend stopped at a more local dealership, where my friend has decided to buy a 2010 new gsxr... and I am still on the hunt...

Thanks for reviewing my novel haha!

I've been looking at bike listings since early Feb. In the last week, I have not seen the prices going up, but I've seen many many more bikes for sale at good prices. Spring is the time to buy and sell and nobody should be in a rush. As soon as they threaten it won't be here next week, good, there will be many more like it for even less money. The more I shop, the more I think I should be even more patient and picky.

Every one at Cycleworld has been good to me besides Jim. He is a terrible salesperson. I asked to see an 2008 CBR that I had my eye on and he said it would take a while to take to out of their lineup for me. I decided to wait and after I saw the bike and sat on it, I really liked it. The price OTD was 8188. I commented on the fact that I could get a brand new 2010 Gixxer for another 2 grand. All he said was "This is why we don't take bikes out for people".

I couldn't believe the rudeness! I was shocked, but my friend let him have it. Said that that's the business that they're in and did he expect me to buy a bike without getting a good look at it or sitting on it? No remorse. He knows that he'll sell the bike sometime down the road. That's the problem with dominating the used bike market. They don't care about customer service because if they piss you off, some other sucker will come in.

I won't give them my business ever again and will warn people away from the sales area any chance I get. I ended up getting a brand new GSX-R from SON for a steal.

It's good I read this thread. Up until now i suspected, but didn't actually know for sure, that Jim was a man.

I haven't found anyone at Cycle World to be very polite, but I found a really good deal on my SV so I bought there anyways.

If this is CycleWorld in Scarborough (Sheppard/McCown), I've found the sales staff to be quite pleasant to talk to and offered some good advice. If Jim is the guy in the back with all those bikes, he happily moved a few bikes for me to try without problem.
I guess it all depends on the luck of the draw. People have bad days. Don't let one negative comment persuade you from going there yourself.

Happy Riding =)

Yeah people in the back seemed nice enough to me. Let me sit on bikes and appreciated that I asked if I could sit on them before actually doing it.

The clothing department is a bit pushy but no big deal. I usually go in there, try stuff on to find out my size, then leave and buy it off ebay!

Cycleworld does me good lol

I live around there so I go there often during riding seasons. For some reason the store has a very negative atmosphere, could be the large quantity of equipments piled there, could be the lighting, I dont know.

But I find their staff pretty nice. I always talk to Omar, he's the guy with the long hair. I remember when I had my 250 he taught me how to do a proper oil change step by step. I don't know who Jim is but if you do go just talk to Omar.

I've had bad luck with Jim too. Asked to see a cruiser and he shows me a sport bike. Found him to be too rude to deal with and just walked out. Most of the bikes out back are from the states. Anyone seen the huge metal container in the back parking lot? Got the same sort of service inside the store. For me it's worth the ride out to http://www.gpbikes.com/.

Maybe he was nice to you 'cause you have big **ts.. Just kiddin', I got the feeling that the guy in the back did not want to sell me anything. If I ever go back there (not likely) I won't even bother to go to the rear building.

I have had only good experiences picking up parts and accessories from cycleworld. Sure sometimes I have to go hunting for a sales person to help me out, but I don't hold that against them. We usually end up talking casually about bikes while they ring me up, and they are very nice people. I don't know if I have specifically ran into this Jim person, but I hope I never have an negative experience like you guys have...... I don't deal well with rudenss.

Every one at Cycleworld has been good to me besides Jim. He is a terrible salesperson. I asked to see an 2008 CBR that I had my eye on and he said it would take a while to take to out of their lineup for me. I decided to wait and after I saw the bike and sat on it, I really liked it. The price OTD was 8188. I commented on the fact that I could get a brand new 2010 Gixxer for another 2 grand. All he said was "This is why we don't take bikes out for people".

I find their SS bikes are priced too high. Then again most used SS bikes are priced too high when you can get a new one for $8K + tax. I paid
$10K for a brand new 2004 R6 back in 2004. And that was considered a good deal then.

Any time that I have gone there, I know what I want, go in, sometimes chat with the staff sometimes not, and I'm out...rarely go there to 'windowshop' or do research and ask lots of questions.

IF you are looking for the type of sales experience where you can do that and where you'll have a friendly, open, helpful and chatty sales-person, go someplace like GP bikes, they have NEVER failed to be consistent in this regard, Cycle World Superstore, I simply cannot say the same, its rougher and inconsistent and its almost like they assume that you know who you are, what you want and if their prices are good or not.

Neither store is perfect, each has their pros and cons, depends heavily on what you expect and want out of the experience...but it seems that people who need or want a little more attention in their shopping experience will probably not be satisfied a lot of the times with Cycle World...not a real criticism, just my observations with this particular merchant.

I check their website what do I see.

121svif.jpg

Drive from Mississauga and find a sign on the door that says they close at 6pm.

fuuuuuu_RE_Comics_Gifs_Verticals_Etc-s498x387-93636-580.jpg

Started day dreaming about throwing bricks through their windows.

Back
Top Bottom