Cutting Down Windscreen | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cutting Down Windscreen

How the heck did you manage to mix those two bikes up?
Also being a HD accessory, It should have come with all standard hardware while the Honda will be metric.
I assume you know this...but, you ordered a HD part for a Honda.. so.... (I'm just teasing you) :p
Lol I didn’t mix them up… though they do both start with “H”….

All joking aside, I like the style of it, and fabricating a bracket shouldn’t be too difficult. I know for sure it’s the correct size headlight opening and I’ve dry fitted it to see how it looks. Just need to put in some time.

All joking aside, I like the style of it, and fabricating a bracket shouldn’t be too difficult. I know for sure it’s the correct size headlight opening and I’ve dry fitted it to see how it looks. Just need to put in some time.
Post a photo once finished. I'm interested to see how it looks.

Cool, I totally understand. Would also like to see the final result.

I'm having a different issue, because I'm a moron I bought a front cowl for my Rebel 500 but technically it's meant to fit a HD Sportster so the hardware doesn't line up anywhere.

I guess I'm going to have to fabricate brackets lol.

**Not trying to threadjack, just a side note lol
I had a clamp on W/S for my Sportie. How does your cowl mount, frame or forks?

It's easy to make brackets but angle iron screwed to your gas tank will destroy the bike value. Sometimes it's better to just buy the right thing and hope to sell the unwanted bits to reduce the overall cost.

Making brackets can be a rewarding artistic and mechanical challenge if you have a machine shop and lots of time.

3D printing could be interesting as well if you have the know how and equipment.

I had a clamp on W/S for my Sportie. How does your cowl mount, frame or forks?

It's easy to make brackets but angle iron screwed to your gas tank will destroy the bike value. Sometimes it's better to just buy the right thing and hope to sell the unwanted bits to reduce the overall cost.

Making brackets can be a rewarding artistic and mechanical challenge if you have a machine shop and lots of time.

3D printing could be interesting as well if you have the know how and equipment.
I'm going to make it something presentable. Angle iron in the gas tank may not be the solution lol.
I haven't had much time to tinker with so many other things on the go, but when I do, I'll be sure to post.

I'm going to make it something presentable. Angle iron in the gas tank may not be the solution lol.
I haven't had much time to tinker with so many other things on the go, but when I do, I'll be sure to post.
I installed one of those Chinese (Krator?) Sportster fairings on a buddy's Suzuki S40, it was a snap -- just rebent the supplied Sportster bracket. Another local kid wanted one for a Rebel, it fitting the fairing meant relocating the speedo - not so easy. Im pretty sure I still have that fairing in the garage.

I installed one of those Chinese (Krator?) Sportster fairings on a buddy's Suzuki S40, it was a snap -- just rebent the supplied Sportster bracket. Another local kid wanted one for a Rebel, it fitting the fairing meant relocating the speedo - not so easy. Im pretty sure I still have that fairing in the garage.
That's the one.
The supplied bracket is way too short to fit it on the Rebel, so I'll have to fabricate something.

Ahhh, I’m a heavy equipment tech, i don’t possess any of those cutting tools 😂😂

But I would happily pay someone to do it for me
I had Wildside Motorcycles do a custom cut OEM harley windscreen for my for my V-Rod and you would never have known it wasn't from factory like that when i picked it up. only charged me for like an hour as i recall... they're in etobicoke though.

This is the current owners, not the ones from 15 years ago, who I will always harbour a grudge with lol

Got my windscreen cut A big thanks to a fellow member on this site. Also thanks for those that offered to help me.

What a difference in the site line and also the wind that moves around the screen. One would think lower the screen that the wind would be more in your face, Funny that is not the case. Will take a couple of pics when i get the chance.

Again a big thanks to those that help me out

A couple of pictures with the windscreen installed

Attachments

• IMG_3506.jpeg
    IMG_3506.jpeg
    514.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3505.jpeg
    IMG_3505.jpeg
    616 KB · Views: 24

Back
Top Bottom