Cutting Down Windscreen | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cutting Down Windscreen

ToSlow

Site Supporter
I’m wondering if anyone knows where I can get a windscreen cut down a couple of inches?

Preferably Halton Peel region.

Thanks

I’m wondering if anyone knows where I can get a windscreen cut down a couple of inches?

Preferably Halton Peel region.

Thanks
Are you confident of the results? May be best to try a smaller one? Can probably return it if you play your cards right.

It's not hard to do yourself. I used painters tape to establish the line then cut with a fine tooth hacksaw blade in a handle without the brace. Finish off with a couple grades of wet/dry sandpaper and lightly torch the edge as GG says.

Google it to get more specific instructions.

It's not hard to do yourself. I used painters tape to establish the line then cut with a fine tooth hacksaw blade in a handle without the brace. Finish off with a couple grades of wet/dry sandpaper and lightly torch the edge as GG says.

Google it to get more specific instructions.
You can keep the frame with many hacksaws. mount the blade sideways so the frame is above the screen. The blade tension makes it easier to cut.

Identify the cut line, tape over the wind facing side with masking tape (this is to avoid scratch marks from the saw. You can cut plexi with a hack, jig band or table saw - just go slow to avoid melting.

The cut edge can be faired with 120 paper.

Ahhh, I’m a heavy equipment tech, i don’t possess any of those cutting tools 😂😂

But I would happily pay someone to do it for me

If you're willing to try it, I'm willing to help. (based on location)

I was given a special tool that's used to round the edges on them.
media.nl

Made one for my Concours.
Was going to do the same for the Tiger, but the plexiglas I got is too thin for my liking.

I'm in west Toronto and have lots of saws if you want to bring it over.

A couple of posts mention taping the line. It might be a good idea to take the bike around the block a few times to get an idea of how that suits you.

I found having the top edge right in my line of sight the most annoying. Second was having the edge oscillate to above and below my line of sight as I went up and down hills.

Got a soldering iron? You can use the flat element to cut, then scrap the slag with a knife and finish it off as stated by GreyGhost.

I'm in west Toronto and have lots of saws if you want to bring it over.

A couple of posts mention taping the line. It might be a good idea to take the bike around the block a few times to get an idea of how that suits you.

I found having the top edge right in my line of sight the most annoying. Second was having the edge oscillate to above and below my line of sight as I went up and down hills.
That’s the problem with this new windscreen, the line is right on eye level, I’m thinking knocking 3in off

That’s the problem with this new windscreen, the line is right on eye level, I’m thinking knocking 3in off
Can you remove and raise or lower it at all?

I'm having a different issue, because I'm a moron I bought a front cowl for my Rebel 500 but technically it's meant to fit a HD Sportster so the hardware doesn't line up anywhere.

I guess I'm going to have to fabricate brackets lol.

**Not trying to threadjack, just a side note lol

I'm having a different issue, because I'm a moron I bought a front cowl for my Rebel 500 but technically it's meant to fit a HD Sportster so the hardware doesn't line up anywhere.

I guess I'm going to have to fabricate brackets lol.

**Not trying to threadjack, just a side note lol
How the heck did you manage to mix those two bikes up?
Also being a HD accessory, It should have come with all standard hardware while the Honda will be metric.
I assume you know this...but, you ordered a HD part for a Honda.. so.... (I'm just teasing you) :p

Back
Top Bottom