Custom Rotors | GTAMotorcycle.com

Custom Rotors

Sinz

I had a guy in Sacramento California rework the Galfer rotors including a matching full floating rear to more of a 1 off set & they are done...here are the different renditions of the blades...which style do you guys like? I am leaning towards the #3 because this version has the slots over the holes allowing the gases to flow better like the original Superbike design.

Now just for them to get finished & shipped to me...

The first rendition
qe8ytevu.jpg

Concept 1
2evaqu7e.jpg

Concept 2
9unumy2y.jpg

Concept 3
e9a3enyt.jpg

Concept 3 with Carriers
resyrynu.jpg

3 is better but would the cutting affect the structural integrity of the rotor?

The last thing you would want is during an emergency brake, your rotor bend like foil

3 is better but would the cutting affect the structural integrity of the rotor?

The last thing you would want is during an emergency brake, your rotor bend like foil

No it won't affect the structural integrity, google Galfer & look at their SuperBike rotors!

You gotta look harder lol! There is a difference...the black parts are channels to push air through the slots!
Two questions:
1. Are there no off the shelf rotors to fit your 848?
2. If you're riding around town, are you really going to get the brakes hot enough to actually benefit from the rotors or "channels"?

Just get whichever one you like the look of, since you probably won't notice a difference in performance.

If this is a race or track bike and you ride at an advanced level, ignore my above statement.

They look like braking batfly strada's drilled out lol.

No it won't affect the structural integrity, google Galfer & look at their SuperBike rotors!

I know what they are, but I was misled by the original post thinking you're machining an already completed rotor

They look like braking batfly strada's drilled out lol.

Yeah kinda but the grooves are thinner lol! I wanted a more custom look rather than your every day aftermarket rotor but still have the performance in breaking when needed...I did it to be different!

Two questions:
1. Are there no off the shelf rotors to fit your 848?
2. If you're riding around town, are you really going to get the brakes hot enough to actually benefit from the rotors or "channels"?

Just get whichever one you like the look of, since you probably won't notice a difference in performance.

If this is a race or track bike and you ride at an advanced level, ignore my above statement.

He's got lots of $$, he is not doing it for sense or logic. Just because lol

I know what they are, but I was misled by the original post thinking you're machining an already completed rotor

I wanted the original Galfer SuperBike rotors but they don't look like what they have pictured when I went to order from FPRacing, they did order a set for me from Galfer but the carrier wasn't the directional style & the oval slots were round...quite a bit different from what they say or picture, so the rotor that you see from what I posted in the first picture is an older style rotor that comes in the 330mm size I just got FPRacing to anodized the carrier, add gold buttons & channel out the grooves just like the SuperBike rotors, so in retrospect they are a street rotor with some added touches, they will also make a replica rear full floating rotor for the rear to match because I haven't seen a floating rear on a my generation Ducati!

... because I haven't seen a floating rear on a my generation Ducati!

There isn't a lot of things that are on your bike that are on Ducatis lol

He's got lots of $$, he is not doing it for sense or logic. Just because lol
In that case, just get whatever looks good to you. Personally, I don't like any of the above. I like Brembos because they look like stock, preform well and aren't so "in your face" in terms of design.

Good luck!

I'll guess he wasn't going for not in your face with his bike. It's amazing to see in person. Every one has to like something different. I'm interested to see how these turn out as I'd like something similar on my bike. :thumbup:

I wanted the original Galfer SuperBike rotors but they don't look like what they have pictured when I went to order from FPRacing, they did order a set for me from Galfer but the carrier wasn't the directional style & the oval slots were round...quite a bit different from what they say or picture, so the rotor that you see from what I posted in the first picture is an older style rotor that comes in the 330mm size I just got FPRacing to anodized the carrier, add gold buttons & channel out the grooves just like the SuperBike rotors, so in retrospect they are a street rotor with some added touches, they will also make a replica rear full floating rotor for the rear to match because I haven't seen a floating rear on a my generation Ducati!

Brake Tech makes rear floating rotors for the 848. They're about $300 but look awesome. They also make nice front rotors in carbon.

http://www.braketech.com/images/docs/bt-ducatiapps.4-14.pdf

If this rotor is designed using the solid works platform, you can simulate what will happen to the rotor under stress...that way you can choose which design is the best to go with...
...looks aside if it works under heavy loads then that's 2 birds - 1 stone! :)

I looked at the braketech rotors but aesthetically it didn't appeal to me hence why I went with the custom

Back
Top Bottom