Curvature - twisties map | GTAMotorcycle.com

Curvature - twisties map

That's awesome. Nice to see the progress on this app. Last time I used it, it was a bit clunky requiring you to do a bunch of manual steps which is probably why I stopped using it. Now it's great. The world view is humbling. The Ontario view is... sad.

A picture is worth a thousand red pixels!
I may not be a fan of Google Maps but "street view" tells me more than a red line on a map.
The problem with user input is a Goldwing rider may have a different opinion the someone on a 500cc sport bike.

burnthills road.jpg

Burnthills Road-2.jpg

That street view looks exactly the way I expected it to based on the red line.

"Secret Rd." (well, most of it) made the cut.

ABLVV84PbvCz-ROYeU-3d04BXLPjNFVOjy-AgXIduqRZfoYTL9bQfsuZNoS-YoNhCjMqj9SEOiQRdO25WIH3Pwg_HEykqci3ETZYybwVW9zjs3OCdXeUta_KcEzLbH0RHAKE3Fa6rFsUcLb7nWHaYl_-6ay7=w1025-h678-s-no-gm

Quick spot-check reveals that they've missed some good ones. I'm okay with that.
Quick spot-check reveals they've got a very residential street close to my area that passes not one, not TWO but THREE schools as a moderately twisty road.

But in the same area, the (overly) popular twisty route for motorcycles is not highlighted at all???

Edit: LOL after looking around for more its got a very twisty road that is 100% inside a quarry.

Quick spot-check reveals they've got a very residential street close to my area that passes not one, not TWO but THREE schools as a moderately twisty road.

But in the same area, the (overly) popular twisty route for motorcycles is not highlighted at all???

Edit: LOL after looking around for more its got a very twisty road that is 100% inside a quarry.
It sounds like it is looking at road segments only based on curvature with no consideration or real conditions or accessibility. Garbage. Get a few rounds of funding and then disappear.

found the first one that I'm pretty sure you're talking about. That's a city street! There's a bunch more within the city of Mississauga.

Found one in a quarry that might be the one you found ... LOL Google Maps

I found one that is within a conservation area. More LOL

And North Service Road from Burlington to Oakville makes the cut?

Little connection with reality. I'm good with that.

spotted a few with limited access (cemeteries and golf clubs).
did an AI just go around highlighting twisty roads on google maps?

Back
Top Bottom