Current Bike Mags of Note? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Current Bike Mags of Note?

Bike. It's a UK mag and a little pricey ($13/issue) but so worth it.

Anything good available these days? Now that TWO/Visordown are gone, I can't think of any cycle mag worth plonking down for. Any suggestions?

Yeah, I've been trying to find a good one but it would seem most of the North American ones are geared towards MX, Harley's and Street (normally aimed at the wrong type of people riding sport bikes)

I grabbed a copy of Motorcycle Sport Leisure, a UK mag, And was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the reviews and articles.

Motocycle Sport and Leisure is my fav, I get it at Chapters. Cycle Canada has gotten good enough lately that I now have a subscription.

I absolutely despise Fast Bikes mag. Complete wankers and yobs in that one.

My hands down favourite is Performance Bikes, another UK rag. I subscribe...it's around 60 pounds for the year.

I subscribe to Cycle Canada but I'm not fully satisfied - it's like they're trying too hard and are too focused on themselves and not on motorcycles. They also don't convey the same sense of thorough knowledge of bikes that you get from the British mags - it's more like talking to my friends about bikes then listening to someone who is an acknowledged authority.

I am very impressed with both Bike and Superbike and buy them occassionally. Very good quality, they cover a lot of stuff and have a great sense of humour. I get them for myself as an occassional treat cause I'm too cheap to subscribe and worry I might get bored with them too if I read them every month.

+1 for Cycle Canada. I read it cover to cover and I think it has improved leaps and bounds since Neil Graham took the helm. I just wish it had more bike reviews.

I subscribe to a bunch for about $6 each per subscription. Superbike, ultimate motorcycling, cycle world, motorcyclist all by buying a US subscription and then submitting a change of address to Canada. They are all ok but none of them are outstanding.

I like both Bike and MSL. As mentioned previously the only drag is cost. I have a sub to Cycle Canada (2010 motorcycle show deal for two years and $20). I enjoy it, but the UK ones are better. Any of the U.S. ones aren't really what I'm in to.

I also have been impressed with Cycle Canada, I started subscribing just before Neil Graham took the helm and it has improved a ton. The new columnist that is a designer is great and seemingly knows his stuff. I also read Cycle World most months if only to read Peter Egan's column, same reason I used to buy Road and Track on occasion (when I was a true Car and Driver fan).

Bike and Performance Bikes have to be the best. Fast Bikes is entertaining, if nothing else. ;)

Another plus I noticed in this issue of Cycle Canada is that they now have Andrew Trevitt who's come over from Sportbike magazine.

Motorcycle Mojo.... Canadian and good read.

http://www.motorcyclemojo.com/

I'll second that...

I used to subscribe to Cycle Canada as well but found I was picking up and reading Mojo cover-to-cover while the latest CC issue sat and collected dust. I'm not saying CC is crap, it's just the types of articles they have are far less relevant and interesting to me as Mojo. I've not regretted letting my CC subscription lapse.

Back
Top Bottom