Cultural differences | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cultural differences

nobbie48

Site Supporter
Sometimes a person will mock another culture by stupidly faking a language and producing embarrassing gibberish. We also often tune out other cultures because we don't understand the language. A beautiful poem can sound like gibberish if one doesn't know the language.

This also exists with our first nation people, their music and dance. Then along comes this kid.

Im a big fan of folk type music from around the world. Even when its mixed with more modern stuff like the HU.

The Hu is pretty good. I've never been good at faking accents...always felt like I was disrespecting ...at least the ethnic ones.

I don't mind subtitles so I love the array of streaming shows from different cultures no available....I'm finding US shows wearying where Ifind Scandanavian ( especially noir ) Korean and to a point Bollywood refreshing and at times exciting.
Of course I tend to like musicals which helps tho some are too saccharine....I get a kick out of a Bollywood crew breaking into song and dance.
Korean procedurals are excellent and there are discernible character patterns I find amusing and/or informative.

Not so much into world music - as far as I'm concerned good music stopped in the 80s :D

Back
Top Bottom