cruising in NS | GTAMotorcycle.com

cruising in NS

gsxr guy

Had an RCMP catch up to us on a long twisty back road today. Slowed down to the 80km/h limit to see if he/she wanted to pass. They did not pass us and instead backed off some. So we continued back up to the 130-140km/h we were going. And we all hummed along until the 50 zone coming into town. Would have never done that in Ontario. Good times.

Don't know about the Atlantic bubble, But when it breaks if you get a chance check this place out on PEI. Not many people heard of it or even known it existed. I I also don't know if you can even get into it.

Woodleigh Replicas​

Last edited:
Was doing just a touch under 100kmh in an 80 heading to collingwood today, OPP passed me oncoming then lit up for a second before turning them back off. Didn't uturn on me, I assume they were just telling me to slow down.

Was doing just a touch under 100kmh in an 80 heading to collingwood today, OPP passed me oncoming then lit up for a second before turning them back off. Didn't uturn on me, I assume they were just telling me to slow down.
Haha, in another thread where baggsy is asking about going over algonquin, the last time I took that road, I got lit up by an oncoming cop near north bay. Same thing, lights off and continued on. I find once you get north of barrie the cops are much more amenable and want safety and no problems instead of focussing on fundraising.

Had an RCMP catch up to us on a long twisty back road today. Slowed down to the 80km/h limit to see if he/she wanted to pass. They did not pass us and instead backed off some. So we continued back up to the 130-140km/h we were going. And we all hummed along until the 50 zone coming into town. Would have never done that in Ontario. Good times.
Heading out to NS this week to start the next phase of life's great adventure. Quarantine and then get the new home set up. Bike is shipping out in July so should be riding around soon after. Not sure I'll be testing the speeding theory right away though :)

Sometimes you can get lucky. I was booking it past a dark SUV and got to his door when I realized it was an unmarked cop. I was doing 130. Pulled in front slowed to about 90 and waited for the lights. He followed for a few turns (just to scare me? mission accomplished) then buggered off.

Sometimes you can get lucky. I was booking it past a dark SUV and got to his door when I realized it was an unmarked cop. I was doing 130. Pulled in front slowed to about 90 and waited for the lights. He followed for a few turns (just to scare me? mission accomplished) then buggered off.
If you arent doing anything overtly stupid, dont they have to clock you at speed before they are able to do anything?

Haha, in another thread where baggsy is asking about going over algonquin, the last time I took that road, I got lit up by an oncoming cop near north bay. Same thing, lights off and continued on. I find once you get north of barrie the cops are much more amenable and want safety and no problems instead of focussing on fundraising.
Ha! I got shredded by an a-----hole OPP officer a bit south of Pembroke a few years back. Those northern cops have nothing better to do...I think he went after me cuz nobody up there drives a vehicle like mine and he figured I was from the city.

If you arent doing anything overtly stupid, dont they have to clock you at speed before they are able to do anything?
I thought passing an unmarked cruiser at 130 in an 80 zone was overtly stupid on my part.

I’ve got some friends that live(d) in NS and they all told me the same thing. Cops out here don’t mess around when it comes to speed. Watch your speed or you’ll end up with a heavy fine.

We were doing an Atlantic Tour with wife and cousins and such nice highway we were doing 150-170kph on the open stretch with not a soul in sight. Apparently we’d be in jail or have a hard time if we were actually caught. When they told us that at their house….it was 130kph all the rest of the way.

Don't know about the Atlantic bubble, But when it breaks if you get a chance check this place out on PEI. Not many people heard of it or even known it existed. I I also don't know if you can even get into it.

Woodleigh Replicas​

I have been to PEI at least 30 times and I can’t believe I have never heard of this place!

Back
Top Bottom