Cruising during State of Emergency? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cruising during State of Emergency?

Ironically, this morning on Newstalk 1010, they were talking about the number of speeding tickets has increased, and one commentator mentioned he has seen more people running stop signs and red lights.

The speeding I get. That is people who normally speed, but now with less traffic are MUCH more noticeable, and likely higher speeds.

Running red light or stop sign is VERY risky, at the best of times

I have to agree with the observation . People are driving like idiots . The high speed idiots are now on the 401 instead of the 407 .

Sorry, I don't think I'd do well walking around and sniffing others' butts during the pandemic.
Better than sniffing their breath in these times.

@PrivatePilot that works if you're a guy...a bit harder for girls, especially when wearing overpants and jeans LMAO that's why all my rides so far have been within town...i have the world's smallest bladder i swear :D

as for public bathrooms becoming scarce, just saw an article about Ford pleading with places that are open to let truck drivers and delivery drivers use their facilities...his quotes sounded like he was on the verge of tears...if i remember correctly you're a truck driver (as is my hubby) so i feel for you guys...

We typically make rules based on the average person.

A friend has colitis and when he gets the call it's often a 911.

Very much a big issue. Denied access to bathrooms yesterday to even wash my hands before eating at a fast food joint, much less relieving myself.

Today, this..

View attachment 42426

It's been an issue for a long time, denying access to drivers. But now it's gone almost universal. It's nuts - there are some drivers out there having no choice but to take dumps in parking lots between the trailers.

Ironically...it's us same guys who are actually making it able for these places to be still working...and they can't even have the decency of letting us in to relieve ourselves anymore.

Working in construction I'm used to but not a big fan of portable toilets. Not the finest in decor but it beats the alternative. Everyone has to adjust, both sides of the shipping door.

Going forward the building code needs to be changed to address issues like this.

If your a truck driver broker and want your rates to go up now would be the time to strike
bring everything to a halt and get your rates up to where they should be for you
oh by the way I drive truck myself but i'm a company driver I'm paid loaded empty moving down the highway or sitting in a parking lot

I'm not sure how this would work. Is trucking busier because of the C-19 or just more important?

The necessities of life are a constant but with the various shut downs is there less need for the number of trucks?

If that's the case the situation becomes more competitive as the driver that eked out a living delivering baubles tries to get a few grocery runs in to pay the bank.

I can piss upside a building or on the ground in a parking lot with the best of them if no other option is possible.

But taking a dump is a whole other ball of wax. I try to avoid doing so at customers even during normal times (opting for places like McDonalds or whatever is public) but with pretty much *everything* being closed right now to drivers...what are we supposed to do? Wear depends, **** ourselves, and just keep driving?

I'm not sure how this would work. Is trucking busier because of the C-19 or just more important?

The necessities of life are a constant but with the various shut downs is there less need for the number of trucks?

If that's the case the situation becomes more competitive as the driver that eked out a living delivering baubles tries to get a few grocery runs in to pay the bank.

There's a saying in the industry... "If you've got it, a truck brought it".

Are there a LOT of trucks sitting still right now? Absolutely positively..because a lot of companies haul things that are no longer moving..

But everything that is currently keeping the lights on, the gas flowing, your stomach full. and your butt wiped right now was on a truck at some point.

Most people have barely any comprehension how the stuff that makes their lives go round get onto the shelves. Some apparently think they somehow magically just fall out of the ceiling at the stores overnight.

Friend of mine drives truck, making deliveries to hospitals. He never even gets out of the truck, which is a good thing because he only has one lung.

Most people have barely any comprehension how the stuff that makes their lives go round get onto the shelves. Some apparently think they somehow magically just fall out of the ceiling at the stores overnight.

I think most people know the stuff we buy was delivered by truck. We see them everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think most people know the stuff we buy was delivered by truck. We see them everyday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You give a big percentage of the population a lot of credit. A huge percentage have zero understanding of supply chains beyond “Its on the shelf and I buy it”.

It’s only in the last few weeks that a bigger percentage of the population have started to open their eyes to the bigger realities outside their own personal little bubbles.

But as the lack of adherence to social distancing and continued cluelessness of some has shown in the last few weeks, many are still firmly inside those little bubbles.

You give a big percentage of the population a lot of credit. A huge percentage have zero understanding of supply chains beyond “Its on the shelf and I buy it”.

It’s only in the last few weeks that a bigger percentage of the population have started to open their eyes to the bigger realities outside their own personal little bubbles.

But as the lack of adherence to social distancing and continued cluelessness of some has shown in the last few weeks, many are still firmly inside those little bubbles.
That's another upside to restricting retail even further. The less crap that people can buy that doesnt keep them alive in the short, the less crap stores have to deal with (meaning less employees reqd) and it ripples through the supply chain, less truck drivers at stores and warehouses, less workers in the warehouses, less truckers from factory to warehouse. Yes, the economics sucks, but stopping people from buying paint literally avoids thousands of interactions.

Just got an emergency alert from Ontario (yes everyone should have seen the same thing but the system still has some flaws). It is straightforward. "Only go out if absolutely necessary for groceries, prescriptions or a medical appt. Stay home"

It simply astonishes me at the TOTAL lack of respect and understanding of some people. Yesterday, (I had been out for a couple of days), I HAD to stop at a local "fish retailer" which is well known in the GTA as Big ...

The figures had just been released by the pros as to the projections. So I was discussing it the the store manager, (I would guestimate late 30' early 40's). He said ok "so worse case scenario was 100,000 deaths, that is a drop in the bucket. Most are goin g to be old people and that is just nature, OLD people die."

My only thought was, you know YOUR parents, could be considered "old people" if they are still alive your grand parents are CERTAINLY old people, but I bet that never even occurs to him. My next thought was enjoy the $30 sale, because it will be the last, I make in THIS store.

Now will HE miss the my sales? Just for the record in the last year, I have spent over $7500 in that store. Nope HE won't miss it, but if 15 other people who spent roughly the same amount don't continue, his bosses WILL notice. Unfortunately, they will no doubt just think it is our "new economy" given that even when this is all said and done, in say 24 months, I suspect people WILL be a bit more cautious and perhaps curb the discretionary spending.

Just got an emergency alert from Ontario (yes everyone should have seen the same thing but the system still has some flaws). It is straightforward. "Only go out if absolutely necessary for groceries, prescriptions or a medical appt. Stay home"

Yes Doug announced that at 1 PM. Ironically CP24 was playing his clip, when the TV started to blare the notice...lol

So.....has anyone done ramps? lol

A suggestion from the vanlife-ers on youtube for #2 on the go:
Home depot 5G bucket with garbage bags.
- That's the bare minimum, RV toilet gels if available, kitty litter sawdust if not.

Relieve yourself anywhere (you deem appropriate)! Can go dumpster diving for a toilet seat too to take it from 0-star to 1-star accommodations!

A suggestion from the vanlife-ers on youtube for #2 on the go:
Home depot 5G bucket with garbage bags.
- That's the bare minimum, RV toilet gels if available, kitty litter sawdust if not.

Relieve yourself anywhere (you deem appropriate)! Can go dumpster diving for a toilet seat too to take it from 0-star to 1-star accommodations!
If you're riding around with a 5G bucket of $#!t on the back of your bike, that should sure help with social distancing.

Not sure if most seen it, but on Monday night, there was a three vehicle collision involving a Giant Tiger truck on the exit ramp from 401 to Ritson Road in Oshawa. The OPP charged the cager with dangerous driving, didn't elaborate on what he done. BUT< they apparently also charged him with violating the Health dept orders to stay home. They asked him where he was going and he advised he was going to visit his buddy. That certainly doesn't conform to stay home unless essential.

I guess part of this whole stay home stuff, coupled with reasonable temps, is I have done some work, on a friends bike. Installed a power outlet, with both the normal cig lighter, but also USB, (Princess auto carries a nice sturdy one). Added some LEDS, and a mount for cell with WAZE. Mounted one of two, (heave to pick up another GoPro for the rear view from the bike.

Also cleaned and vacuumed my cage, (getting a brush today to help with the salt on carpets...lol

Back
Top Bottom