Crossboarder Pickups - direct number? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Crossboarder Pickups - direct number?

sburns

Having a bit of a service issue with this company.

If you know about my Headlamp issue

I was offered a free replacement part from the company, but they would only ship to a US address, so crossboarder to the rescue... so I thought.

Got a email request for more info, I told them it was a free thing, warranty etc, emails back and forth no resolution and more miss communication.
I requested to call them as it would take 2 secs to clear this up, but they have no phone number on the website, or in emails, they only offered to do a live chat.... I even found a number from an old email but it's just a automated recording and directs you to.... live chat....

I can't believe companies operate this way.

If someone knows an alternative company to work with it would be great, as I rather move my business elsewhere.

Looks like they've gone email-only.

FYI you can't not pay tax on a "free" replacement part. It's an import just like any other. Only customer returns are allowed to go through without being assessed and taxed.

Looks like they've gone email-only.

FYI you can't not pay tax on a "free" replacement part. It's an import just like any other. Only customer returns are allowed to go through without being assessed and taxed.

Warranty replacements are tax free, but there paperwork must accompany the item to "prove" it.

Warranty replacements are tax free, but there paperwork must accompany the item to "prove" it.
When I mentioned it was a warranty item they responded with "oh you are imported something, you need to fill this out and there is a charge for this paper work"

This is part of the issue with them, I believe they have multiple people providing customer service and that service is not consistent and just terrible to be honest.

When I mentioned it was a warranty item they responded with "oh you are imported something, you need to fill this out and there is a charge for this paper work"

This is part of the issue with them, I believe they have multiple people providing customer service and that service is not consistent and just terrible to be honest.

Alternatively, their web site references a document that makes it sound like individuals can apply for a refund on any taxes and duties paid for non-commercial items. But the form is dated 2015 so not sure if this is still valid (I think I read that it mentioned free trade).

Gotta love covid... previously CBI was a good option, now CBI is kinda f$&*#@1ed

They are impossible to reach by phone.
Email or chat. If not In person.

They are impossible to reach by phone.
Email or chat. If not In person.
Funny thing is, the last time I was there the customer service agent said it was better to call in and gave me her direct contact number, but I misplaced it!!! :confused:

Sorry, I'd expect to need to pay the duties/taxes for a warranty replacement.

It's not CBP that you need to appease, they're just the middlemen. You/CBP needs to appease the agents at border control.
And with CBP's business, (bringing in a truckload of other people's crap), paperwork/trail needs to be be in tip top shape, so no, they will likely not make exceptions for your shipment and jeopardize the rest of the truck. They need to report "what it is, and what the value is" so your best bet is to say it is made in USA / NAFTA tax-exempt country (hopefully it is)

Sorry, I'd expect to need to pay the duties/taxes for a warranty replacement.

It's not CBP that you need to appease, they're just the middlemen. You/CBP needs to appease the agents at border control.
And with CBP's business, (bringing in a truckload of other people's crap), paperwork/trail needs to be be in tip top shape, so no, they will likely not make exceptions for your shipment and jeopardize the rest of the truck. They need to report "what it is, and what the value is" so your best bet is to say it is made in USA / NAFTA tax-exempt country (hopefully it is)
Never said anything about an exception, just better customer service as I have been told several different things I need to do, which do not seem correct, and the back and forth emails isn't working.

Talk about confusing. I'm not even going to try to summarize this:

Have you thought about trying usaddressinc.com? I'm not sure they're doing cross border delivery on new shipments, but I had a few packages sitting there for a few months waiting for the border to reopen. In June when they announced the closure extension I contacted them about possibly forwarding my stuff. To my surprise they were offering delivery for a half decent price (imo for the times anyway, I forget exactly how much). A few days later a guy came by in his car and he was delivering a bunch of packages to people from them.

Gotta love covid... previously CBI was a good option, now CBI is kinda f$&*#@1ed

Last info i got from CBI, was that they can forward parcels at a cost. Something like postage from them + regular parcel fee + $10 handling fee.
But they are losing out financially and stuck with many parcels.

NYAddress.ca | can bring your package to Canada

If you have a package that you urgently need we can bring it back to 240 Lottridge Street in Hamilton. If you have a urgent package, email your invoice to nyaddress.ca@gmail.com. We will also need the tracking number of the package and your suite number. There will be an additional charge of $20/package (Canadian) plus HST and if applicable duty on the goods we are bringing into Canada.

$20 is a good deal considering gas back and forth + time

NYAddress.ca | can bring your package to Canada

If you have a package that you urgently need we can bring it back to 240 Lottridge Street in Hamilton. If you have a urgent package, email your invoice to nyaddress.ca@gmail.com. We will also need the tracking number of the package and your suite number. There will be an additional charge of $20/package (Canadian) plus HST and if applicable duty on the goods we are bringing into Canada.

$20 is a good deal considering gas back and forth + time
Thanks for the info, Hamilton isn't convient for me as I am in Scarborough, but will keep it in mind if I am in a jam.

Finally.... so after all the back and forth nonsense emails with them, I ended up just putting fake information into the packaged details with their online system, and was able to pick up the package today.

They ended up adding a "extra" charge fee. Apparently this was for storage fee. I wasn't already happy about the customer service, and this just tipped it even further. When picking up the packaged I inquired about the fee with the person at the counter. The fee didn't even add up correctly. I mentioned how they were terrible at responding to basic information and delaying the whole process etc. and he put in a request to have the amount refunded. I doubt anything will happen. I just want to be done with this and find another company to work with in the future.

If anyone knows a comparable service please share!

Back
Top Bottom