Cramps on bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cramps on bike

Toxic

Went to soccer practice Sunday morning at 6:30...I was miss informed and we had a tournament. We finished at 5:30 and I was dead tired. As soon as I got back on my bike I had the biggest cramp on my calf.

So I took a break and stretched. I was not even riding for 5 min when I got another cramp. I decided not to take the highway and took a break at timmies. The tournament Was in Toronto and I live near oakville. I got home at 8:15 ish....the thought of just selling bike went through my mind but I won't do that;)

Just wondering if anyone else gets cramps as well when their riding.

Went to soccer practice Sunday morning at 6:30...I was miss informed and we had a tournament. We finished at 5:30 and I was dead tired. As soon as I got back on my bike I had the biggest cramp on my calf.

So I took a break and stretched. I was not even riding for 5 min when I got another cramp. I decided not to take the highway and took a break at timmies. The tournament Was in Toronto and I live near oakville. I got home at 8:15 ish....the thought of just selling bike went through my mind but I won't do that;)

Just wondering if anyone else gets cramps as well when their riding.

I do sometimes :(. Its caused by me holding up the bike for an extended period of time using just my left toes :(

No pain, no game =). You could always buy a touring bike or cruiser.

after a full day of playing soccer, I don't think you'll be comfortable on any bike...
I do get the occasional cramps from being on the bike too long all you can really do is just pull over and take a break!

1300+ km of pure highway ridiing on a Ninja 250 in 1 day. 15.5 hours of riding. I had cramps that would make your dad cry.

I'm lucky enough to not seem to get them from riding. :D I have played rugby for the last few years, and while I get on physically tired, but avoid the cramps

Stretch, massage, hydrate and replenish electrolytes. Keep your legs warm too.

no cramps but i find that my throttle hand starts to go numb after a while of straight highway riding. going to and coming back from dover i could barely feel my index/middle finger at the end

Sometimes in my hip...usually when I've lifted up my leg a bit while riding or in shifting position. It hits hard and fast :( I usually pound on it a bit until it loosens up...aches a bit later but goes away pretty quick once I'm off the bike. I've only had to stop riding once because of it.

I rode my bike to and from my soccer game last night. I was ok, but I do know what you are talking about. I got really good at doing ballerina moves and stretching while ride. Consists of standing on pegs, leaning all the way back etc.

Sounds like your cramps were caused more by dehydration than by riding, unless you get these cramps on a regular basis from riding.

midol.jpg

^^^^That's what i'm thinking. I never cramped up just from riding around on the street. But I did get a hamstring cramp at about 200 km/h with my knee on the ground at Mosport last summer.....not cool, but it was hot as hell that day and I was definitely dehydrated.

many of my aging parts have cramped and/or seized up at times, hip, hands, knee ankle.

ride it out and stretch what you can to make it go away

Dehydration man.
Most of the times, people don't need anything more than water. In fact, it is typically best for you. Gatorade, Powerade etc are usefull when you've been at it in some intense activities, especially in the heat.
Better yet, Get some gastrolyte, doesn't taste the best, but it does the trick!

Stretch, do a good cool down.

Back
Top Bottom