Craft Beer: What are you drinking now?? | Page 31 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Craft Beer: What are you drinking now??

Brooks Brewing - Peanut Buddy Porter.
Like liquid peanut butter and coffee.
Doesn't sound like it works, but it was FANTASTIC!

Southern Tier - Pumpking pumpkin ale.

Southern Tier - Warlock Pumpkin Imp. Stout

How was the Warlock?
Really want to try it.

Did you find it here or have to get from the States?

Rob

@robertv19 I found the Warlock at an LCBO 5 years ago and loved it. I knew nothing about it when I got it (had I known it was a pumpkin beer, I may have had 2nd thoughts about buying it). Definitely worth trying.

Pumpkin beers are hit and miss. Most are either great or horrible...not many in betweens. I have some cans of Flying Monkeys “Paranormal” Imperial Pumpkin Ale in the fridge. It’s a big beer at ~10% but it’s tasty. Pumpking is another fantastic brew.

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

Newish brewery in south mississauga, it's called Stonehooker and they've got good stuff... Right on lakeshore not too far from cawthra.

How was the Warlock?
Really want to try it.

Did you find it here or have to get from the States?

Rob

Grabbed it from Buffalo.
I usually plan a day trip each fall to get some new beers, and to grab those 2 specifically.

Grabbed it from Buffalo.
I usually plan a day trip each fall to get some new beers, and to grab those 2 specifically.

SO many great beers coming out of Buffalo area these days.
Did a mini-tour in January for my birthday and still have so many to get to.
Woodcock, 12 Gates and Thin Man are stand outs. The latter especially if you like high-ABV beers. I was limited as to what I could try as I had a long night of drinking ahead and had to tread carefully. Their Elmwood location is very cool and they have good food too.

Cheers

Rob

Black Bridge Robust Porter. Highly recommended.

attachment.php

I had the new Collective Arts BlackBerry Cherry vanilla sour.

It pours a nice deep pinky/red and is more tart than sour, but very very tasty.

Just got back from Buffalo and picked up a few new ones to try including:

The nitro version of the southern tier creme brule stout, a sour ale from Mikkeller that was brewed with sour patch kids candy, a berliner that claims to have 1 ton of raspberries per hec brewed, a lactose ipa brewed with strawberry vanilla and banana, a graham cracker /molasses / marshmallow imp stout, and an evil twin imp stout that weighs in at 14% abv...

I drank the To ØL "one ton - raspberry"
Brewed with 1 ton of berries per Hec.

It was tart, sour and and tasted like raspberry jam.

Delicious!

Also went to Little Beasts one of our favorite breweries out in Durham region.

Had the "Changeling" - raspberry, and the "Changeling" - peach apricot.

The misses got the mango ipa.

All 3 were very good and we are constantly impressed by the beers Erin and her shop put out.

Last edited:
Nice nice.
Been a while since I had a 12
True story, I got in on the big once-in-five-lifetimes WV12 offering to Canada (AB primarily) a number of years back now. I picked up 15 or so 6 packs, each with glasses. I have enough cellaring to sample four a year for the next 20 years plus. Unicorn beer and a great back story. Sadly I've lost some historical web history but it's still a great story with what I can find here.

I have ~ 300 beer cellaring overall. I love the Belgians and also enjoy many other beer types. The US Craft scene is not messing around . For both types of beer, there's one of the biggest craft beer stores in NA in Buffalo (it has over 1K or so different beers, many by the bottle). Get plugged into the national and international craft beer import scene in the GTA and many amazing beer options open up (far beyond the LCBO).

It's cool to hear about the local scene here too.

Enjoy great beer.

Cold day calls for a nice dark beer...

Cracked my first can of the Southern Tier Creme Brulee Imp stout on nitro.

Had the reg version many times, but this one with the nitro is UNREAL.

So creamy and smooth.

Thankfully I have 3 cans left :D

Tried the Wellington Brewery barrel aged Stouts.. they currently have 4 of them going on, but be forewarned, they're RIDICULOUSLY expensive. $5.50 for a regular sized can - but something like 11.7% ABV each.
There are 2 aged in Bourbon barrels and 2 aged in Cognac barrels.
The Cognac ones are much superior to the bourbon ones - a real unique taste.
But, the flavours are very strong - can only drink 1 and that's it.

$5.50 is not expensive, especially for a limited release with such a high ABV.

You would be shocked at what I've paid for some cans and bottles of limited beers. :D

Did you find them at LCBO, or from the brewery?

Well, it's the most I've ever paid for a regular sized can.
I believe they're only available at the brewery.

not a craft beer
but the canned Guinness with the nitrogen widget is damned good

a few hours in the fridge, then open and let the widget do it's thing for one minute
pour as per usual into a decent glass....it is surprisingly close to a freshly pulled pint

not a craft beer
but the canned Guinness with the nitrogen widget is damned good

a few hours in the fridge, then open and let the widget do it's thing for one minute
pour as per usual into a decent glass....it is surprisingly close to a freshly pulled pint

Ain't nothing wrong with a nice cold Guinness every now and then!

Back
Top Bottom