Craft Beer: What are you drinking now?? | Page 28 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Craft Beer: What are you drinking now??

@miggs - is the “Flesh & Blood” their blood orange IPA?

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

Yes sir.

Lemon and Blood Orange

Just had a couple of the bottles I brought back with me from Delaware.

Flying Fish "exit 18" Baltic Porter
Dogfish head Namaste Belgian Wit with orange and lemongrass.

My GF's boss pulled a 10yr old Westvleteren 12 out of his cellar for us to sample tonight.

It was absolutely delicious with big notes of caramel and honey.

Very smooth for being a decade in the bottle.

Had the Mikkeller "Peter Pale and Mary" pale ale.

Very light, and a little disappointing considering everything else we've had from them has been amazing.

Also had the Half Hours on Earth "Rosy Glow" sour ale.
It was incredible.

Finished off with the Southern Tier "Samoa This" dessert imperial/sweet stout.

BIG coconut flavour.

My buddy compared it to drinking suntan lotion, but we both thought it was amazing.

My GF's boss pulled a 10yr old Westvleteren 12 out of his cellar for us to sample tonight.

It was absolutely delicious with big notes of caramel and honey.

Very smooth for being a decade in the bottle.

Also had the Half Hours on Earth "Rosy Glow" sour ale.
It was incredible.

Finished off with the Southern Tier "Samoa This" dessert imperial/sweet stout.

BIG coconut flavour.

My buddy compared it to drinking suntan lotion, but we both thought it was amazing.

I actually managed to find the Westvleteren Abbey when I was in Belgium in 2009. Kid serving us in their tasting room was from Montreal.

It's brown,bubbly and i wobble after a few.Good stuff.Nice after a ride today.First time on 2 after a couple of months.
P5170090_zpshnd15bgj.jpg

Earlier this afternoon...a dry hopped saison from my cousins’ brewery in Preston (Wave Maker) .IMG_1651.JPG

Just back from my 9-day stag party in Nashville which included more than a few beers and breweries.

Some notables:
Tennessee Brew Works
- 1927: I'm not a fan of most overly hopped modern IPA's but this one is done well in my mind. Actually nicely balanced instead of overly hopped so it made a good impression. Easy drinker patio beer.
- Ryeman: you smell the rye when it's a foot away from your nose. It's got character and if you want something strong but not in the mood for a stout this is a solid choice.

Yazoo
- Hefeweizen - wheat beer that was one of the best I've ever had. Perfect summer beer. Recommended.

Jackalope
- Thunder Ann - just a phoenominal pale ale.

Recent trip to the beer store gave me a good score. Murphy’s stout and Mackesons milk stout. IMO Murphy’s is better than Guinness but you don’t see it as much. Mackesons is very rich and tasty.

For Belgian wheat beers there’s a few I like. Hoegaarden is good but Blanche de Bruges and Blanche de Bruxelles are very good, so is the Quebec version Blanche de Chambly. The last one is easy to get, the other two are a bit harder. Hacker Schorr Weiss is a good German wheat beer too.

Wow. Trou du Diable alone wore be worth the drive!

Sent from my iPad using GTAMotorcycle.com

Girlfriend was in Finger Lake on the weekend and brought back a breakfast stout from War Horse. Pretty solid. Compared to the breakfast stout from Founders, the coffee in this one was a bit more noticeable. Nitro can, too.
ZDoKRs1.jpg

I had a bunch from Collective Arts last week: IPA #10 (a bit too bitter for a 3.2% “nano” ipa), Hazy State (this one tasted really off), and Pomme de Pin (pineapple ipa, was the best of the bunch, but just ok. GLB’s Fine Young Cannibal Chickens was a way better take on this style).
Only other beer was a pair of ESBs I brewed with some friends (split a 10 gallon batch to ferment with 2 different yeasts). Super crushable.

Girlfriend was in Finger Lake on the weekend and brought back a breakfast stout from War Horse. Pretty solid. Compared to the breakfast stout from Founders, the coffee in this one was a bit more noticeable. Nitro can, too.
ZDoKRs1.jpg

I had a bunch from Collective Arts last week: IPA #10 (a bit too bitter for a 3.2% “nano” ipa), Hazy State (this one tasted really off), and Pomme de Pin (pineapple ipa, was the best of the bunch, but just ok. GLB’s Fine Young Cannibal Chickens was a way better take on this style).
Only other beer was a pair of ESBs I brewed with some friends (split a 10 gallon batch to ferment with 2 different yeasts). Super crushable.

I picked up some assorted beers from the Midtown Brewing Company in Wellington, PEC a week ago. Their ESB is very good. The other beers aren’t bad either. Wellington is a neat place, lots of food options plus you can visit a mushroom farm for dirt cheap fresh gourmet mushrooms if that’s your thing!

Back
Top Bottom