COVID-19 potential restrictions on riding? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

COVID-19 potential restrictions on riding?

IMO eight weeks MAY give us an idea ...
Eight! omg, not too many have enough supplies to last that long :|
and I refuse to stop playing, that is what keeps me healthy.

Not end thread, end era. Start new one.

Why not just mandate it and make it a law.

I was talking to my cousin in Poland today. Within the short amount of time that they have been dealing with this COVID stuff, they have chagned their rules/law a few times.

Their latest laws regarding people who refuse to stay in mandated quarantine are as follows:
1. If you caught outside of your residence, a penalty to the equivalent of $2700 CAN.
2. A court date
3. Up to 8 years in jail.

To control these people that are supposed to be at home. They have developed an app that you need to download and you get notifications on your phone to which you need to send back a picture as proof that you are at home. Also, they have the local police/authorities driving around and checking in with the people that are to be in quarantine/isolation at home.

Our government, provincial or federal would take 6 month to even consider such regulations. At which point they would be too afraid of the backlash of making such bold moves.

To many people have the feeling of "you cant tell me what to do".

If you want everyone to stay home. Enforce it. Don't just suggest it.

/era

Why not just mandate it and make it a law.
Watch what happens Tomorrow

"They have developed an app that you need to download and you get notifications on your phone to which you need to send back a picture as proof that you are at home." :ROFLMAO: your generation is a laugh! you actually believe everybody has a smart phone and high speed internet.

Those that think they aren't going to be part of the problem since you are riding by yourself. You sound like the guys on FB Friday complaining about the snowmobile trails up north being shut down "how can I spread anything riding out in the middle of no where" Well a notice came out on all the snowmobile pages yesterday that a gas station in Timmins had a customer that tested positive in there last Thursday at 1:30. Now everyone that stopped there should be quarantined for the next 14 days. Doubt that happens.

Second thought. I know the health care system isn’t overloaded right now but does it make sense to participate in a known risky activity and potentially take up a spot in a hospital.

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO: your generation is a laugh! you actually believe everybody has a smart phone and high speed internet.

Most people in Poland have smart phones and land lines are seldom these days.
For those that do not, they get a visit from the local authorities.

I'm not one to be preaching the latest smart technology onto everyone.
Being of "my generation" I actually use very little of it and I do not take part in any (very little) of the latest social media crap. I don't care when people scratch their left buttock with their right hand or what a pretty looking lunch they just ate. (its supposed to taste good and not look fancy)

But the reality is that, that is the way of the future. Doesn't matter if we like it it or, that the society we have developed.
Most companies are developing products and technology with this in mind. Leaving very little time and resources to accommodate "your generation".

If I had it my way, we would all go back to flip phones and use them for the very thing they were designed to do. MAKE A PHONE CALL.

Society would be at a much better state. People would actually know how to interact with each other and time spent together would be much more enjoyable and valued.

(no way was this to attack you @Trials )

Last edited:
Most people in Poland have smart phones and land lines are seldom these days.
For those that do not, they get a visit from the local authorities.
This ain't Poland and internet costs are not even practical for a lot of families.
I have already had friends call and ask if their old computer was going to be sufficient for their kid to home school on.

Closing usa129 is being considered. Having to use an ambulance for a dragon thrill seeker is a serious issue.
What are you worried about you have a brand new Evo! Throw a cinder block in the middle of the back yard and go play.

So the PM says they are gonna start running ads on tv from trusted Canadians to get people to keep up with public isolation. My guess is first ad is Don Cherry.
1f642.png
:). "You people need to practice social isolation ". "Oh ya and buy a freecking poppy"

Closing usa129 is being considered. Having to use an ambulance for a dragon thrill seeker is a serious issue.

I just got a note about this. All accommodations in Swain County are closing as of tomorrow. US129 and NC28 are being blocked off on the NC side of Deals Gap starting this Friday, so the only access to Deals Gap will be from the TN side. Only people allowed past the barricade are people who live in Graham County.

Couldn't have done our spring Deals Gap trip anyhow, with the border closed ...

I just got a note about this. All accommodations in Swain County are closing as of tomorrow. US129 and NC28 are being blocked off on the NC side of Deals Gap starting this Friday, so the only access to Deals Gap will be from the TN side. Only people allowed past the barricade are people who live in Graham County.

Couldn't have done our spring Deals Gap trip anyhow, with the border closed ...

Yup just got a message from the motel we stay at in Maggie Vally...closed till April 2

Yup just got a message from the motel we stay at in Maggie Vally...closed till April 2
Interesting. I am surprised they are picking dates so close in. Transat just canned all flight crews in Canada but expects to be flying some until April 1st, then a complete shutdown for a while. While two weeks seems like a long time with zero income, I suspect the real time before tourists can freely circulate will be measured in months.

Watch what happens Tomorrow

"They have developed an app that you need to download and you get notifications on your phone to which you need to send back a picture as proof that you are at home." :ROFLMAO: your generation is a laugh! you actually believe everybody has a smart phone and high speed internet.

One of my favourite riding areas is Amish country in Ohio. They don't believe in having their photo taken and probably not into cell phones. Some Mennonites won't have a land line but are OK with a cell phone.

It's all tied to the belief that one shouldn't be reliant on one earthly power. Cell phones have multiple providers.

One of the problems with dial up, unless there has been a fix, is that anyone with decent speed sends a message to a dial up user with a photo or worse, video, and it takes all day to download.

One of my favourite riding areas is Amish country in Ohio. They don't believe in having their photo taken and probably not into cell phones. Some Mennonites won't have a land line but are OK with a cell phone.

It's all tied to the belief that one shouldn't be reliant on one earthly power. Cell phones have multiple providers.

One of the problems with dial up, unless there has been a fix, is that anyone with decent speed sends a message to a dial up user with a photo or worse, video, and it takes all day to download.
I don't know if it has been done, but at least now computers are fast enough that it could easily be done is heavy heavy compression for dial up connections. Ideally, both compression and auto-resize of anything possible (eg. you get a 640x480 image in your email and then can click it to download the original if you really want it).

Am I the only one who knows of good families that still live on a dirt floor :|

Back
Top Bottom